General Discussion :  Wet Plate Collodion Photography Forum The fastest message board... ever.       
Wet Plate Collodion Photography Forum 
safe light materials
Posted by: Iancathcart ()
Date: June 06, 2012 12:30AM

Does everyone just use traditional red stained glass, or are there
Other materials????

I

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: safe light materials
Posted by: Ty G ()
Date: June 06, 2012 01:16AM

1/4" red plexi that can be had off of ebay.

www.guillorycameras.com

Posted by: Rattlinrack ()
Date: June 08, 2012 10:35AM

Hello Guys and Gals,
I'm really new to this process, In fact I just shot my first plates last week and should be the last to give any comments, butttttt. I bought a 30 bulb, Red LED light strip off of E-bay that is used by the hot-rod auto guys for lighting up the bottom of their cars and motorcycles and it works great off of a radio type 9 volt battery. I ran the lights 7 hours straight to see how long a battery would go. It lights the inside of my dark box really well, enough to read my Bostick Sullivan instructions paper. I watched John Corffer use a 3 bulb red LED head lamp and that is why I bought the 30 bulb set up.( If three worked, then 30 will be better) The total cost was less than $8.00 US. I hope that someone with much more experiance trys this to verify that it works well for them. The light strip is 30 inches long and has 3M double stick tape on the back that holds it very well to the darkbox. I bought a battery box at Radio shack and mounted a small toggle switch to turn it on and off. You will be happy how much light it puts out.
Hope this works for some of you Pros out there...... Lots of light in a small set up.
Thanks
RJ

Posted by: RobertSzabo ()
Date: June 08, 2012 04:27PM

I used some yellow cloth and brown wrapping paper over a window in a studio space I had in Fredericksburg. VERY bright and worked great.

Posted by: Iancathcart ()
Date: June 08, 2012 07:56PM

ended up using yellow corrugated plastic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.