General Discussion :  Wet Plate Collodion Photography Forum The fastest message board... ever.       
Wet Plate Collodion Photography Forum 
World Wet Plate Day in Oklahoma.
Posted by: zmanphoto ()
Date: March 10, 2011 02:52PM

My plan is to host another Wet-Plate Day in my studio on May 1st. It will be the last one since I will be moving out at the end of the month.
Great north light and I should have several students attending. Lunch provided.

Studio is a little over 3 hours from Dallas in Norman, Oklahoma.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Mark Z

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: World Wet Plate Day in Oklahoma.
Posted by: Ray Morgenweck ()
Date: March 11, 2011 01:25PM

what is a world wet plate day?

Posted by: zmanphoto ()
Date: March 12, 2011 04:37AM

Posted by: Petzval Paul ()
Date: March 12, 2011 04:50PM

Mark, It's a bit far from georgia, but I am happy to hear that you are hosting such an event! I can't wait to see the results.

Posted by: goamules ()
Date: March 24, 2011 02:59PM

It was started in 2009 as a way to celebrate wetplate collodion, and to buy a memorial for the Frederick Archer gravesite, which had become dilapidated.

Anyone who shot wetplate that day submitted scans of their favorite 2 plates. We then uploaded those to the website we'd built. Quinn Jacobson also made a book profiling all of the plates. Proceeds were used to buy a new headstone, and he and a few others had a ceremony at the site in London on 1 May 2010.

May 1st 2011 will be the third annual World Wetplate Day. Everyone is invited to shoot, promote, hold demos, or whatever you like. And then you can have your shots on the website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2011 03:00PM by goamules.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.