Thread: Sgt. Maj. John Rawlins injured

A formerlly great country that is in rapid decline.

Default Sgt. Maj. John Rawlins injured

Actor Morgan Freeman who played Sgt. Maj. John "Gravedigger" Rawlins in the film Glory has been injured in a car accident:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2008/....hurt.in.crash

A rubber-necker tried to take his picture while being removed from the scene. Freeman joked and said, "No freebies, no freebies."

A great actor, I had the opportunity to see him at work on the set of Glory while I was working there as an extra. He got stepped on several times by reenactors (not me) while diving for cover in the sand dunes during the assault on Fort Wagner, but he never lost his cool... although you could see in his face he was none to happy about it!
    Last edited by Bitter_Bierce; 08-04-2008 at 08:53 PM.
    - Clement Nottingway

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Here's to the full and speedy recovery of a very cool dude.

"The time is comin' when we're gonna have to ante up. Ante up and kick in like men! Like MEN!" - Sgt. Maj. John Rawlins, 54th Mass., "Glory"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzfu5...eature=related
    Last edited by Che; 08-04-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    - Ernesto Serna

"...I'm struck by the contradiction at the core of Civil War reenacting. On the surface it's a hyper-macho hobby, focused on guns and battle. But the longer I hang out with hardcores ... the more they remind me of supermodels, chatting endlessly about their jackets and shoes and hair and how many pounds they've lost since the last event." - Tony Horwitz

The recent Batman movie is rumored to be cursed. Heath Ledger dies before the film, Christian Bale is arrested for assault on opening day, and now Morgan Freeman is in a serious car accident.

I'm not inclined to be superstitious, but there sure seems to be a troubling series of events dogging the actors in that film.
    R. A. "Randy" Ford

...every white person being a commissioned officer, or acting as such, who, during the present war, shall command negroes or mulattoes in arms against the Confederate States... shall be deemed as inciting servile insurrection, and shall, if captured, be put to death... - Confederate Congress May 1, 1863 (And now they tell us the south wasn't fighting for slavery. Lordy, lordy... who to believe?)

Default them some big chevrons!

great pic from the set, and I love the color of the chevrons, regulation instead of sky blue .
    Rob Hayhurst
    9th Texas Co. C
    1st Mo Bn/trans-miss bde
    formerly 61st Va.

Morgan Freeman is in good spirits and is expected to recover completely from a Sunday night car accident that may have been caused by rain. The Oscar-winning actor has a broken arm, broken elbow and minor shoulder damage "but is in good spirits." his rep said. The "Dark Knight" star is expected to make a full recovery.

http://www.examiner.com/x-264-Celebr...from-car-wreck

"He's tough as shoe leather. He'll be fine," added Amber King, a former manager of Freeman's Medidi restaurant.
    Respects, Scott B. Lesch

My History and Toy Soldier "blog"

http://ilikethethingsilike.blogspot.com/

Helping my employers achieve the American Dream since 1978.

If there's one thing I can't stand seeing, it's Americans fighting Americans.
    ~Dan Aykroyd as Sergeant Frank Tree in 1941

Quote Originally Posted by sbl
    Morgan Freeman is in good spirits and is expected to recover completely ...
    Really glad to hear this!!!
    Phil Lundie
    Purveyor of fine iron apparel for tree trunks.

I shall move from Chattanooga when the Lieutenant-General orders me; ready or not ready. And if you don't have my army supplied, and keep it supplied, we'll eat your mules up, sir. General William Tecumseh Sherman to the Quartermaster in Nashville. 1864