Thread: 1859 McClellan Saddle with extras for sale

Default 1859 McClellan Saddle with extras for sale

Hey all,

I have a brand new, never on a horse, 1859 McClellan saddle and extras for sale. Tree is a modern reproduction rawhide covered wooden tree, with semi-quarter horse bars to fit a modern horse. Comes with:

Breast collar with brass heart
    6 buckle headstall
    buckle end reins- sewn together
    halter
    Lead
    crupper

All of these are also brand new, and made out of a good sturdy harness leather.

It does NOT have:
    blanket
    girth
    surcingle
    fenders for leathers
    hoods on stirrups
    coat straps.

I am asking $795.00 for the whole thing, plus $50 to ship it. This is about what you would spend to just buy the saddle.

If your interested please email me privately. I will send out pics upon request.

Thanks for looking.

Jerry Goza

Default Saddle

I think this is high.Since no maker was listed. But thereare palces where a good Americam made Mc Cellan can be obtained for under $700. Here is the add from 1 of the saddle makers on the internet. Price includes:

1859 McClellan Saddle, black or brown leather parts. Ready to ride with coat straps, girth, covered stirrups, stirrup straps and fenders. Blanket, saddle bags, and breast harness are extra. Made on quarter horse bars to fit today's horses in either 11, 11 1/2, or 12 inch seat. Special order (larger or smaller) trees available.

If anyone needs the website let me know.

Kevin Wright
    3rd TN Cavalry
    Kevin Wright

General Forrest told me. Get there first with the most men

Default Mac & Tack

Kevin,

Who is the maker, and what is his contact information?

Bart

Guys,
    Come on now. This fellow is offering hs saddle for sale. Whether you think it is a good deal or not has no relevance and is in no means permission to hijack his thread.
    Yes there are other saddle makers out there that offer equipment at lower prices, but there are others that are at higher prices as well.

Jerry,
    It might serve better if you were to list the maker as well as some construction details and possibly photos, to enable others to weigh and compare your saddle to those offered by others.

Dave Myrick
    Grumpy Horse Soldier

Jerry,
    It might serve better if you were to list the maker as well as some construction details and possibly photos, to enable others to weigh and compare your saddle to those offered by others.
    Reenactor Hat: I would like to reinforce Dave's advice here. You have offered for sale a saddle without giving any information on the maker or details nor have you offered photos. Since there is such a wide variation in prices in any Civil War related item, readers do have the right to question why your item is worth the amount that you are asking, especially when there are very similar items available new at lower prices.

Moderator Hat: While I will allow readers to ask questions about the maker and/or details or ask for photos so that you can determine whether the item is worth the price being asked, I will not allow you to hijack a thread to advertise for a lower priced item. However, should the seller identify the maker with details and you have information that the price that the maker is currently asking a lower price for the exact same item, I will allow a link that demonstrates such a price difference.
    Thomas H. Pritchett
    Moderator, Military & Other Business Conferences
    www.campgeiger.org

Let me start out by saying again that this stuff is all BRAND NEW Never been on a horse.

Actually, I put most of the saddle together myself. I don't make saddles for a living. It is a modern size 16" seat. Military is a 12".

~ It is on a new semi-quarter horse bars tree. Wooden tree, with a rawhide covering. I had a friend who puts saddles together help me with the rigging and sew it on his leather sewing machine, instead of hand sewing all of the pieces. He makes tack as a hobby, and is not in it for a profit. It might not be a Snellen, Carrico, or Doug Kidd's, but the tree comes from the same place they get theirs from, and it's a good saddle.

~The rigging measures 1/8" thick, and is 1 1/4" wide, heavy duty harness leather. (That includes all leather on the saddle, the rigging, stirrup leathers, off billet, and girth strap.) It is put together correctly, and will last for a lot of years.

~The headstall and breastcollar were made by Bill Wade, Ft. Caspar. He does excellent work.

~I don't remember where I got the crupper, and reins, and they aren't marked.

~I put together the halter and lead. Machine sewn.

I don't need it because I need to buy hay for my horses this year. Missouri is in a drought, and hay prices are thru the roof. That's why I'm selling it.

~* Like I stated in the first place, if anybody would like pictures, I am more than willing to send them. I tried to up load them here, but they are too large. If anybody would like to shoot me a "Best Offer" I am more than happy to listen to that also.

I understand I may not have posted enought info for everybody, but an email to me, asking me about it would have been better than telling me how I'm trying to rip everybody off. I am trying to be honest about what I have. It's a good saddle. I thought I priced it accordingly, but apparently not.

Again, I am willing to listen to offers. I do have a certain amount I have in it. If your not intrested, then thanks for looking. If you have any questions, or would like pictures of all of it, please email me.

Jerry Goza
    jmmjeg@yahoo.com

It takes a lot a nerve to tell a guy or gal how to sell his or her own stuff on the Internet. Some of ya'll got too much friggin' time on your hands and are pretty danged quick to stick your nose in other people's business.

Have you figured out how much this thing's worth yet, Joan? How much do you want?

I'll take it!!!

E-mail is Sent. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images