Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Reenactor Singles

Default Reenactor Singles

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but is there a site or any place here for reenactors who are single to meet, and chat? Would anybody else like to see a site like that?
    Nathan

Default Re: Reenactor Singles

Good Luck mate. Wouldn't be a bad idea. As you well know many reenactors exit the hobby because their significant other persuades them to do so. I am in a good relationship with a local gal, and luckily she is in to Medieval stuff, so she is very tolerant to my Civil War needs. The main problem finding someone is distance. Good luck though.

David Long

Cool

It sure would be a great thing to have. It seems to me finding that gal that does reenacting usually is married and a grandmother, or there still in elementery school. Its hard to find that one that is just plain single and looking. Heck any Gal looking here is me, 33/M/ILCAV and looking.

Smile Singles

Don't give up hope, guys. I met my husband in reenacting, and we had a Civil War wedding and went to battlefields for our honeymoon. That was 17 years ago, and we are still happily married and in love with Civil War. Keep looking!

Karen Rae Mehaffey

Default :-(

The last three guys I've dated have all been reenactors and DUDS! ICK
    Candace Rose

Default Not a bad idea

If you find a site like that please let the rest of us know. I'm 55 and widowed and have attended Civil War events here in the Midwest both as mounted cavalry and as a civilian sidesaddle rider for 10 years now but have never seen a singles site devoted specifically to reenactors. Sounds like a good idea to me. Sincerely, Sidesaddle Lady

Dear CandaceRose,

Reenactors are still higher up than bass fishermen.
    Respects, Scott B. Lesch

My History and Toy Soldier "blog"

http://ilikethethingsilike.blogspot.com/

Helping my employers achieve the American Dream since 1978.

If there's one thing I can't stand seeing, it's Americans fighting Americans.
    ~Dan Aykroyd as Sergeant Frank Tree in 1941

Default Something Fishy....

Never dated a bass fisherman so I can't rightly say.... Do you know any nice ones I could hook up with (hehe) and find out for myself?

Perhaps "DUDS" was a little harsh. Those poor fellows couldn't help their insatiable needs for cavalry equipment, things that go boom and endless conversations about the Battle of Wherewasthatatagain. Perhaps I should try to be a galtroop?? At least that is what lured two out of the three away. Something fishy going on with guys who are attracted to girls who are pretending to be guys...LOL
    Last edited by CandaceRose; 05-17-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    Candace Rose

Default lol

"Those poor fellows couldn't help their insatiable needs for cavalry equipment, things that go boom and endless conversations about the Battle of Wherewasthatatagain. Perhaps I should try to be a galtroop?? At least that is what lured two out of the three away. Something fishy going on with guys who are attracted to girls who are pretending to be guys...LOL"

Well being in the cavalry myself I'll tell you that my horse is #1 and that includes the equipment that I ride with. And as far as women during events..... I'd much rather deal with a petticoat than a pair of spurs.
    William L. Shifflett
    Valley Light Horse

http://www.valhallastablesvirginia.com/calvary

"We are still expecting the enemy. Why don't he come?" -JEB Stuart

In Memory of 3 Sox, 4th Va Cavalry horse, my mount, my friend. Killed in action January 9th, 2005.

Default Horse-ing Around

Mr. S-
    Yes, it became pretty clear after ex bought the horse that it would become #1. The spurs I could deal with, the petticoat chasing, I could not.
    Candace Rose