Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How One Got Started in the Crazy World of Reenactment. The Medical Section:

Default Well, back in the day...

When I first started in the hobby, I protrayed a federal chaplin. At the time I thought it was a neat thinng to do seeing that I was working in a church. However, it was never really what I intended doing for I had an itch to want to suit up and play infantry.
    Side note: Someone did take a picture of me in my....ahem...chaplins outfit...(which I will not share due to post dramatic flashbacks...it was that bad!).
    I finally gave up chapling and started doing infantry in 2002. Haven't looked back since.
    Micah Trent
    2nd Most Hated Reenactor in Kentucky - Western Federal Blues
    Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Quote Originally Posted by Micah Trent
    Someone did take a picture of me in my....ahem...chaplins outfit...(which I will not share due to post dramatic flashbacks...it was that bad!).
    I wonder if that "someone" was a certain spouse ??? and, I wonder if we can find this photo on eBay or, possibly put it up for sale on eBay

hmmmm . . "dramatic" instead of "traumatic", interesting .
    I Remain, Your Obedient Servant,
    Jimmy "Doc" Nelson
    Moderator (well, sometimes . . hehehe )
    ** We have Rules here! **

Daylight Lodge # 760 F&AM
    Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels

In honor of my 3rd Great Grandfather: "John Daniel Nelson", Surgeon, 4th Georgia Infantry, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by "Doc" Nelson
    I wonder if that "someone" was a certain spouse ??? and, I wonder if we can find this photo on eBay or, possibly put it up for sale on eBay

hmmmm . . "dramatic" instead of "traumatic", interesting .
    Comical is more like it.

LOL...Honestly it was not the wifey. It was someone from the church where I was working at.

It got worse though. That photo made to the front page of the local newspaper. At the time I thought, "Alright!" Now I look at it and think "Ugh! Why? What was I even doing? Did I really do that? Did I really look like that?"
    I guess though my uniforms have changed and improved...my looks haven't!
    Just Kidding!
    Micah Trent
    2nd Most Hated Reenactor in Kentucky - Western Federal Blues
    Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Default how i got started

Well, the way I got started is not glamorous or anything like that. I had been doing federal infantry one weekend and a medical steward came up to me and asked if I can help lift someone onto a stretcher. So I help, again and again and again. Now I'm hooked. That's it, nothing special just helping someone out.

my intro started via metal detecting (wonder how many others started or eventually found their way into artifact hunting) Eventually this led to lectures in schools on the war. I always seemed to have a interest in the war so the next logical step was to locate a unit near me having done this I visited as a spectator and met almost everyone. What a pleasent surprise on how helpful and accomidating they were.
    All this led me to this site and again a great bunch of people I thank you all for answers to my newbie questions

Quote Originally Posted by bgent
    newbie questions
    No worries there. I've been in this hobby for 19 years and, I still consider myself a newbie . Crap, I don't know everything . . I still find myself asking a LOT of questions .
    Jimmy "Doc" Nelson

In honor of my 3rd Great Grandfather: "John Daniel Nelson", Surgeon, 4th Georgia Infantry, CSA

Quote Originally Posted by "Doc" Nelson
    No worries there. I've been in this hobby for 19 years and, I still consider myself a newbie . Crap, I don't know everything . . I still find myself asking a LOT of questions .
    you wouldnt happen to be a physician would u in actual life? the reason is before my forced retirement I was PA in new yourk state myself

Quote Originally Posted by bgent
    you wouldnt happen to be a physician would u in actual life? the reason is before my forced retirement I was PA in new yourk state myself
    No sir. The closest I've come to anything medical is, being a certified EMT . Never been to NY. Originally, I'm from Michigan. Closest I've come to NY was New Jersey, while visiting the wife's family.
    Jimmy "Doc" Nelson

that,s where i reside in hudson county . In fact this summer i hope to have a reenactment here to benefit fallen law and fire personal . It was my two friends and brothers in arms that lot their life 2 years ago xmas eve, here so this one is personal.