Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so who is going to the 155 of gettysburg ?

Default so who is going to the 155 of gettysburg ?

so who is going to the 155 of gettysburg ? my unit is getting ready, planning meals, who going with what car, practicing battalion drill ect. I just hope that it is not crazy hot like the last one.
    bill shackell
    private
    Grays & Blues of Montreal

I thought I'd seen everything in Gettysburg until 3/4/07

It's been raining here 6 days a week for months.....
    Grumpy Rain Jonah
    visit us:
    http://www.thecommonground.proboards.com/
    "This cowardly traitor state, secure from harm, as she thought, in her central position, with hellish haste dragged her Southern sisters into the caldron of secession. Little did she dream that the hated flag would again wave over her soil, but this bright morning a thousand Union banners are floating in the breeze.... W.T. Sherman

So how does the ground around there look? The event's been postponed for bad field conditions in the past.
    Rob Weaver
    Pine River Boys, Co I, 7th Wisconsin
    "We're... Christians, what read the Bible and foller what it says about lovin' your enemies and carin' for them what despitefully use you -- that is, after you've downed 'em good and hard."
    -Si Klegg and His Pard Shorty

That would be an interesting irony, since out here events are being negatively impacted by droughts. No muskets, no cannons, no pipes, no campfires, not even musket caps. I am skipping one that is next weekend because of fire bans (plus the 36,000 acres still burning 30 miles away). There is an uncontained wildfire going on close to the site of a July living history event, so they will probably have a fire ban as well. And events back East are postponed because of too much water!
    Michael R.
    NPS Volunteer representing Company A or G, 5th US Infantry Regiment
    Private/new recruit, Company A, 3rd US Artillery Regiment
    Museum collections manager in northern New Mexico

Rob,

Same place. Same mucky mess when wet. Nothing with that event changes much at any rate...
    Grumpy Rain Jonah
    visit us:
    "This cowardly traitor state, secure from harm, as she thought, in her central position, with hellish haste dragged her Southern sisters into the caldron of secession. Little did she dream that the hated flag would again wave over her soil, but this bright morning a thousand Union banners are floating in the breeze.... W.T. Sherman

Grumpy, I'll be there from the 25th on, doing support for the Sixth Corp March. Mister is flying in and I pick him up from the Silver Springs station on the 5th and dump him and his gear at the site, where he is a Medium Sized Bug, not a Big Bug.

I'm just gonna swan in and swan out of the show. Does not even look like they have much in the way of high quality civilian speakers , nor have they listed vendors. Not that i need anything that is not at Needle and Thread or Debbie Sheads or Mac's And I have to deliver stuff to Mac.

I'm just gonna hang with friends and eat South Mountain Creamery buttermilk with a big spoon. Call me for lunch or something.
    Terre Hood Biederman
    Yassir, I used to go by Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

So when is this event? I mean, the one with the South Mountain Creamery ice cream. We stopped there during a preservation march some years back and it made the event. Yum...
    M. A. Schaffner
    Midstream Regressive Complainer

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    Grumpy, I'll be there from the 25th on, doing support for the Sixth Corp March. Mister is flying in and I pick him up from the Silver Springs station on the 5th and dump him and his gear at the site, where he is a Medium Sized Bug, not a Big Bug.

I'm just gonna swan in and swan out of the show. Does not even look like they have much in the way of high quality civilian speakers , nor have they listed vendors. Not that i need anything that is not at Needle and Thread or Debbie Sheads or Mac's And I have to deliver stuff to Mac.

I'm just gonna hang with friends and eat South Mountain Creamery buttermilk with a big spoon. Call me for lunch or something.
    I'll see what I can work out....
    Grumpy Rain Jonah
    visit us:

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Schnapps View Post
    So when is this event? I mean, the one with the South Mountain Creamery ice cream. We stopped there during a preservation march some years back and it made the event. Yum...
    I remember that march. I told a bemused customer we had documented evidence that the troops stopped there for ice cream after the battle.

Up Marker Road.jpg

Might want to check the weather and your health before the event. Heat indexes over 100 degrees for the next many days.

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/17325:4:US
    Grumpy Rain Jonah
    visit us: