Thread: Waltham key-wind pocket watches for sale

Default Waltham key-wind pocket watches for sale

For sale...

Of all the items to round out an impression, a nice key-wind pocket watch is the finishing touch. I have three below for consideration. All work reliably and keep time within a few minutes a day. I can't recall which had the longest running main-spring, but each runs for more than 24 hours on a wind. That said, if you are unfamiliar with key-wind watches, it is best to wind one each day around the same time of day, or so I read in a few places... Each includes a key, though I am certain none of the keys are original to each watch. I never had any reservations using one in the field. They were made to be carried then, and the same is true now. Just be cognizant you have it on you so when you take a "hit" in some battle or demonstration, you don't land on a pile of rocks with it between you and it... common sense. Wear in a pocket, vest pocket, or appropriate trouser pocket as then, and it'll be fine... None include a chain or T-bar. I only have one and it is being retained for the watch I am keeping. But these are easily found, and best to allow the wearing the opprtunity of finding one of a period preferred style. They were a fasion statement in their own right back then.

1. Waltham William Ellery 1857 model. Perhaps the most prevalant of the period. This model was unchanged for years. This partuclar watch is serial number 676563 and was produced in Jan 1873. Keep in mind, this is no different than one produced in 1861, or 1857... only the serial number tells. If you want a true period production watch of the same make and model, the costs seem to double to get a servicable one. This is an 18S sized watch (appropriate standard for a gentleman) and is an 11 jewel model. It is in a very nice case. $145 shipped via priority mail with insurance.

2. Waltham Broadway model serial number 2218206. 18S sized and a 7 jewel. Produced between Nov 1883 and March 1884. $135 shipped via priority mail with insurance.

3. My actual favorite, and reluctant to sell (but I have another). This is a Bartlett model produced in 1885. Also an 18S and this one is a 15 jewel, and it runs like a ... clock. Serial number 2548310. It is in a slightly beefier case with a thicker crystal than the others (which are not thin in their own regards). What is neat about this case is it has an interesting engraving on the back, and I tended to use this one when I was doing a CS impression on the premise that perhaps it had origins of someone with coastal southern ties... $150 shipped via USPS priority mail insured.

Payment by USPS money order, bank check, personal check, or no-fee paypal. Best is to email me, but post or message here too...

Thanks for looking!

Ben

Wm Ellery watch has sold.

Broadway is sold.