Thread: Defarb Enfield for sale

Default Defarb Enfield for sale

*NEW* Euroarms pattern 1853 Enfield defarb for sale. This gun was dismantled for part years ago. I intended to use it as a unit-loaner, but had a customer need a spring for his Euro, so i pulled one form this gun. Then, another customer needed a sear, so this one gave up the part...before long it was missing tumbler, hammer, sear, mainspring, sear spring, front sight, rear sight, rammer, rammer spoon, tang screw, buttplate screws and even the trigger guard screws! It sat in a corner year after year its barrel only having ever been used to fit bayonets to. The Euroarms parts of course dried up and I'd pretty much forgotten about this poor thing until recently when I blundered into a Euroarm sear and tumbler in a parts box at a sutler at an event (after they told me they had no Euroarms parts) and I thought it was time I commit myself to restoring this poor ol' gun to its rightful place in someone's line.

It has been defarbed into a Barnett version with CSA inspector/buyer mark "JS/anchor" and has part of its serial # engraved on the buttplate tang where a CS buyer often put the gun's or its rack number. It has the large "G" on the buttstock right side for the "Georgia" purchase. While it is a Georgia Confederate gun in its configuration, it would of course be fine for either side or any State unit to use. I once got my hands on a "G" marked Enfield made by H. Smith that had been altered with an 1863 US hammer and a broken off 1861 US rammer, picked up it was believed at The Wilderness by a CT cavalryman according to family lore. Front & rear sights are brazed on correctly. The rammer in this gun is a reclaimed Parker-Hale I found and has been threaded 10-32 for most attachments to fit where I welded over the old threads. It is honestly a little crude looking right there where I filed it down, but it works fine and has just enough "crude" look to fit the look of an old "G" gun. The trigger needs to be firmly pulled to clear the sear past the tumbler. A gentle target-shooting trigger pull tends to let the sear settle on the 1/2 cock notch catching the hammer fall. I adjusted the tumbler and sear mating surfaces as much as I dare, but as they are cast they can't be welded or bent without breakage, and since they are exceedingly rare parts to locate i won't adjust them any further. Its sear spring is a fitted ArmiSport spring and the mainspring is from an early-date Armi Sport. Its bridle and sear/spring screws are Armi.

This gun has never fired a shot. It's perhaps the only and last Euroarms Enfield left that can say that. I can't call it a brand new Euroarms since it has been robbed of parts then refitted with new parts, but the barrel is new and pristine inside and so it is new.

$850 PayPal or check. I'll pay shipping. No rush to sell, just don't need it & hope it finds a good home.
    E-mail WattsDefarbs@gmail.com for pics.