Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sutler with some great looking stuff.

Default Sutler with some great looking stuff.

Found this guy on a old west re enactor site. Might not be practical to order from England, but his stuff looks ipressive

Edit By Moderator-- Paul's link to an Esty site has been removed. Sorry Paul, no reflection on you.

The vendor linked, Mark Watts, was removed from this forum years ago due to numerous complaints of failure to deliver items paid for. A good Facebook search will reveal that there is still a problem there, especially with large prepaid orders for some of our brothers across the pond. Last I knew, Mark Watts was in South Carolina. He also is the administrator of a large Facebook group for used reenactor items. I won't point that group out, as that will only serve to attract more folks who may not have a clue.

I will however, point out a FaceBook Group called "Bad Bad Sutlers". Its easy to find in a search. It is an open group, and folks can read the messages without joining. The group was started by several men who each purport to be out several hundred dollars each in undelivered merchandise ordered from Mark Watts. There's a lot of common experience there. Every once in awhile somebody posts who got their stuff from Mark Watts.

I am Mrs. Lawson and I approve This Message.
    Last edited by Spinster; 01-15-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: To Serve and Protect.......
    Paul Bostick
    Stillwater, OK

"For bad coffee, I play bad. For good coffee... I play the same as for bad coffee, it's all a matter of perspective".

To GGrandDad Captain TCK Bostick, Army of Mississippi, 2nd Corp, 5th Regiment, Company I (Kemper Rebels). Killed at the battle of Shiloh

That's not a UK sutler, that's Mark Watts from South Carolina. Not as impressive as it looks on website.
    Your Humble Servant,

Sean R. Otis

124th NYSV Co.A "Orange Blossoms"

Middlesex Lodge F&AM

Preemptively: I'm not related to him that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Watts View Post
    Preemptively: I'm not related to him that I am aware of.
    And as I see it, that's not a bad thing.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."

Default Thanks

I will repost on the UK site. Thanks for the info.
    Paul Bostick
    Stillwater, OK

"For bad coffee, I play bad. For good coffee... I play the same as for bad coffee, it's all a matter of perspective".

To GGrandDad Captain TCK Bostick, Army of Mississippi, 2nd Corp, 5th Regiment, Company I (Kemper Rebels). Killed at the battle of Shiloh

Paul, it is wise to be precise in wording. You may wish to link to the post.

Mark Watts is also banned on the Authentic Campaigner.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Quote Originally Posted by DulcimerPlayer View Post
    I will repost on the UK site. Thanks for the info.
    Really??? This guy is known for taking money and NOT delivering goods and you STILL are going to repost it anyway!! Why, why, why???
    Andrew Schultz
    Possum Skinners Mess

Don't tell people you do things "exactly like they did" while standing in front of a wall tent you share with your wife with the four poster bed, cooler, camp stove, and heater etc. Be honest with yourself and the people you are talking to.--Robert Collett, 2010

Actually, getting the word out isn't a bad idea.

I had been looking at some of his items (particularly the tobacco pouch), and recommended them to someone who was looking for something similar (I did indicate that I hadn't ordered from him, so I didn't have any actual experience). That pard did get his item, but it was a fight - that was the first I knew of any issues. My pard apparently hadn't heard of any either, since he did order.

Calum
    Calum Munro

5th Virginia Infantry, Co H
    http://5thvacompanyh.webs.com

He is also doing business on etsy as Jebediah Nightlinger, http://www.etsy.com/shop/JebediahNig...hopheader-name

Quote Originally Posted by Calum View Post
    Actually, getting the word out isn't a bad idea.

I had been looking at some of his items (particularly the tobacco pouch), and recommended them to someone who was looking for something similar (I did indicate that I hadn't ordered from him, so I didn't have any actual experience). That pard did get his item, but it was a fight - that was the first I knew of any issues. My pard apparently hadn't heard of any either, since he did order.

Calum
    Respectfully,
    Kevin Franklin
    3rd US, Co K

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowhammer Rebel View Post
    Really??? This guy is known for taking money and NOT delivering goods and you STILL are going to repost it anyway!! Why, why, why???
    Andy, I think Paul means he will post a warning.

Meantime, I wish some fellers would be more vocal on the various increasingly fragmented Facebook groups. Mark Watts thrives precisely because he can control his sales Facebook group and bann folks who have been cheated. Meanwhile, other reenactors feed Watts group with sales posts, make it even more popular--and provide a screen for his sales.

This is not a new problem. The trail on this goes back more than 7 years.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!