Thread: Bread box stencils

Default Bread box stencils

Hey! Pards,,,, forgot who can supply good stencils for boxes.....a friend asked,,,, thanks and Happy New Year to all.. YHS Paul Lopes

- Silas Tackitt

"I consider him a humbug, a man of small capacity, very obstinate, not at all chivalrous, exceedingly conceited, and totally selfish." - - Lafayette McLaws about James Longstreet.

Default Link broken

Silas,
    That link appears to be broken. I also have an interest in locating period stencils. Can you post another link or contact info? Thanks.

Silas,, Thanks Sir, searcher said not there,,maybe numbers off a didget...

That whumps. Here's what you can do : (1) find the search box at the upper right corner of this page ; (2) type in the word, stencils; and (3) view the many posts which discuss this same topic.
    - Silas Tackitt

"I consider him a humbug, a man of small capacity, very obstinate, not at all chivalrous, exceedingly conceited, and totally selfish." - - Lafayette McLaws about James Longstreet.

correct various suppliers labels found... but need correct size before moving on the stencil stage , still thought there was a member who posted that he produced the final product ready to paint on. Thanks Paul

That was me. I had the Hanks version, taken from Hamner's book, already cut into reusable vinyl, ready to go. But unfortunately I'm currently out of them.

Default Bread box stencils

I had a Stears and Company hardtack crate stencil fabricated from a local stencil maker.
    Stencil was fabricated from Mylar. Had to provide a PDF file which is the Stears and Company one
    from AJ Hamlers Civil War Woodworking Book. A friend of mine and I split the one time set up fee and
    we each purchased a stencil. Too bad this forum is a pain to post pics. Shoot me a PM if you need additional info.

VR
    Mark Susnis