Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Notice to Junior Members....

Derk Yall Guest

Thanks for the welcome navygunner. I have visited the site you provided and already spent a good amount of time there.

Well, I joined a good while back but I guess I'm the sort without much to say. I do enjoy perusing the forums on occasion though.

Thanks,
    Chris Hanks
    Dan River Rifles
    Pitts'a Co., Va

Hey Spring Garden Bluesman,

Would that username be a reference to the Spring Garden Blues from Pittsylvania County? I live fairly close to their place of origin. My wife's 3rd great grandfather, H. F. Atkinson was in that unit.

Chris Hanks
    Pittsylvania County, Va

Lurker here.

That is all.

Thank you.
    Kip Stainbrook
    49th Indiana Infantry Co. F
    Tanglefoot Mess

Marmaduke's Raid II "Son of Marmaduke's" - April, 2013

did you ever imagine this post would generate so much response ? I for one am overjoyed to see inquiries or responses relating to this pastime. As time slips past us
    some of us have a hard time making it up the hill anymore, especially a big hill at the
    double quick. Not to mention the fact that our educational system generally all but ignores this struggle because of it's divisiveness both then and now. We better get
    some juices flowing and interest growing lest we become extinct.
    "In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances,
    profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." Mark Twain

Just checking to see if I am a junior or registered. It has been awhile since I have posted. Mostly lurking and laughing.
    Russ Stanley.

Default Lurking

I have seen a few things on here and a couple of names from another forum. Trying to get a feel for what is normal on this forum.
    Always looking for uniform parts and equipment.
    Also opinions and leads on Sutlers.
    Do you have a list of Sutlers who may support your forum or have obtained good favor?
    Found one at Gettysburg in July and misplaced his business card.
    I am looking for Confederate Uniform Parts as I belong to the 4th Kentucky Cavalry N-SSA.

Welcome Michael T,

You'll have better luck inquiring about individual uniform items in the "Clothing Equipment and How To" subforum, by asking a more defined and specific question concerning your needs and impression.

The forum does not maintain a specific vendor list--the community members will certainly give their opinions concerning the quality of research behind specific items. No one vendor provides a turnkey impression.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    Welcome Michael T,

You'll have better luck inquiring about individual uniform items in the "Clothing Equipment and How To" subforum, by asking a more defined and specific question concerning your needs and impression.

The forum does not maintain a specific vendor list--the community members will certainly give their opinions concerning the quality of research behind specific items. No one vendor provides a turnkey impression.
    Thank you for information, trying to learn my way around..http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/im...on_biggrin.gif

Hey all I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here/alive/reading threads. I just haven't said any thing in a while for want of much to say at all. Looking forward to getting out this season an seeing those of you whom I've the honor of being friends with in the real world.
    You should never trust a man who has only one way to spell a word. ~Mark Twain~