Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haversack, knapsack, brogans, canteen, U.S. issue shirt, & military buttons.

Default Haversack, knapsack, brogans, canteen, U.S. issue shirt, & military buttons.

Friends,
    For sale are:
    US Haversack- Good condition overall; the name and unit are painted on the inside but can be easily painted over with black paint- owners name is stenciled in black on the inside cotton liner- this would not be easy to cover over but the haversack would make a great "battlefield pick up" for a Confederate as is - new from Jarnagin -$72.95 + shipping; used, as described - $35.00 shipping included.

US early war Knapsack - Slightly used- nearly new- a previous owner's name and unit are painted on the inside but can be easily painted over with black paint- new from Jarnagin - $304.95+ shipping; used, as described - $150.00, shipping included.

US Jefferson shoes (brogans) - Good condition with heel plates- no laces- no holes in the bottom of the soles- lots of life left in them- size 11 wide- new from Jarnagin - $145.00 + shipping- used, as described - $75.00, shipping included.

US Regulation canteen- Smooth side, blue wool cover, cotton strap, some surface rust to inside of canteen however water put in and poured out comes out clean- there are fixes for that- cotton strap was doubled over and sewn to shorten it but can be undone- the metal piece at the top of the cork is bent but does not effect function, new from Jarnagin -$93 + shipping - used, as described - $55 shipping included.

US issue shirt- Domet flannel- hand sewn $125.00, shipping included.

18 tin buttons with white back - 5/8" diameter- $4.00
    7 fly buttons $1.75

10 assorted Waterbury buttons- - gold washed- $5.00
    8 Waterbury buttons- not gold washed (7 small- 1 large) $2.00

4 US eagle buttons- $1.00

Pictures of the haversack, knapsack, brogans, and canteen can be found at Jarnagin's website.

If interested, please contact me at beatlefans1@verizon.net
    - Joe Bordonaro

Excellent deals...I covet the knapsack...but... I will forward this to people in my unit...if alright.

Yes, please do.
    Quote Originally Posted by AP Hill View Post
    Excellent deals...I covet the knapsack...but... I will forward this to people in my unit...if alright.

Friends,
    A sale is pending on the haversack.
    - Joe Bordonaro

Friends,
    The haversack is sold.
    - Joe Bordonaro

Post Is the knapsack still available?

If the knapsack is still available, I'd love to see some pictures.

Jamie Woodhead
    125th OVI

Jamie,
    I'll get some pictures out to you ASAP. In the meantime, you could look at Jarnagin's website:
    http://jarnaginco.com/catframe.html
    PS This is the model I am selling:
    #309 1853/1855 Double Bag Knapsack (Early Version) $293.50
    PPS It's worth noting what Jarnagin's says about knapsack orders: "Knapsacks Are High Demand Items And Are Very Difficult To Manufacture. Allow 45 - 60 Days When Ordering. "

Friends,
    The buttons are sold. Thank you for your interest. The knapsack, shoes, canteen, and issue shirt are still available. The price of the shoes has been reduced to $ 50, shipped. If interested in any of the remaining items, please contact me at: beatlefans1@verizon.net
    Thanks, Joe

Moderators, Please delete this post. I have relisted the brogans and knapsack in separate adds. Thank you, Joe Bordonaro

Default Knapsack is sold.

Friends,
    The knapsack is sold. The brogans, issue shirt, and canteen are still available for sale.
    - Joe