Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Enfield de-farb for sale

Hybrid View

Default New Enfield de-farb for sale

I have completed a brand-new Armi Sport defarb and want to sell her. This is the 1st one of Armi Sport's brand new "de-farbed at the factory" models they sent me as payment for my extensive work to help them get it right (which they failed miserably at). So, as soon as I got it and realized that they have no earthly idea what they are doing still, I de-farbed their attmept at a de-farb and am going to sell it as I have no need of another Enfield. This one is done as an Eyton Bond version with 1862 dated plate. It's like my others and as close to "perfect" as I can make it. It has the "swamped" wood between barrel bands however as Armi Sport still believes this is correct. But, this one is not that bad really - certainly not as bad as some of the others they sent over. I have drilled-out the cone vent to reduce misfires as well.
    Asking $975 which covers shipping and is still a little less than what it would sell for through the Blockade Runner. And, it is ready to go now as opposed to waiting weeks and weeks for me to do it if you ordered one. Not to mention the fact that NONE are even in stock at BRi currently with no idea when a new shipment will arrive.

No pics of it are handy but surely you know what it looks like by now.
    PM me if interested.
    Last edited by Provost-ADC; 08-02-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: No forum bashing.

I take it my Parker Hale Enfield will not be ready for the CS Infantry demos at Stones River this weekend?
    Good excuse to use the '42 smoothbore. I think Patrick Landrum is coming out, or at least he RSVP'd.
    We should eat decently.

I still can't get the smell out of my truck from where I spilled the leftover cooked ham & beans from a couple
    months ago. It smells like death.
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

"It smells like death"
    Well so do all of you Barry-Bean-Eaters around camp so what's new? Say hi to Pat for me. I got other plans this weekend.

I have several pics available now to e-mail. Can't post them here because they aren't uploaded anyplace else - yet.

Still for sale.

Sent you a pm Todd with a question on doing a defarb on an enfield this spring just wondering if you got it?
    “We may be annihilated, but we cannot be conquered.”
    General Albert Sidney Johnston, CSA, in accepting his command rank, August, 1861.

pix795759826.jpgpix458733284.jpgpix827418096.jpgpix170919541.jpg
    Pics of the defarb - if they will load that is...

I like how you simulate the two brass rivets in the nose cap...nice touch. Looks like this one came out pretty good. I also like the Bond/6 Shadwell Street oval cartouche because you don't see too many B'ham defarbs so marked. If anybody is waiting for a defarbed Enfield, pick this one up.
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

It is a pretty nice looking one. The wood grain is real pretty too. No bites even though it is priced lower than it would be from BRi. Wierd. Oh well, I'm not in a big hurry on it.

Mr. Watts, I'm *highly* interested, but like most of my pards here going back to school, it'll be a few weeks till I've got currency together. However, if you're willing to wait till the first of October to be paid, I'm more than willing to send a cheque out then.
    Eugene Yeo
    "I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues." - Dr. Seuss, "The Lorax"