Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fall Creek Sutlery?

FC is good if you're on a budget, I've used their shoes/boot before. I've had knee problems for years (22 years of Army boots aggrivated it) and once I went to Robert Land shoes/boots (2 pairs of shoes, 1 pair civilian boots) my problems during/after an event went down 75%-80%. My knees haven't bothered me for weeks after an event with Land products. Get what you pay for. If you have the moneys up front, I would suggest buying Land. They fit much better and are more comfortable. I was lucky, and bought all these off this board second hand, which saved money.
    Last edited by Radar; 04-22-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    Fritz Jacobs
    CPT, QM, USAR (Ret)
    VP Kentucky Soldiers Aide Society
    CPTFritz@aol.com

Default shoes

I would type " brogans" into the search bar at the top of the page. There have been quite lengthy discussions on the topic that have some great information about brogans, different makers, and caring for them once you have made a purchase.

James Teeple
    24th MO Infantry
    www.24thmissouri.org

Fall Creeks are the best for the money, by far!

Harry
    Member 5th Texas Co. A/1st NC Artillery. Disabled Viet Nam veteran, 1970. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY

I bought mine from them at an event so I could try on multiple pairs with different socks until I found a "just right" pair. I have flat feet and am picky about shoes. Mine have lasted 7 seasons of 8-10 events each. I am just now thinking I need a new pair, but will keep these for a spare. Never even broke a lace, but I kinda wish I had bought toe plates as well as heel plates.

Cedar Creek AKA Lammers brogans are still available!
    Special orders {odd sizes} available through me John Lammers jlammers77@yahoo.com or regular sizes at events sold by Rum Creek Sutlery !

That is great news!. John makes the best brogan for the money out there.

I can't speak for sure about Fall Creek's shoes but their shoelaces are great.

I bought my shoes several (9) years ago as part of a starter uniform. They may be Fall Creek, but I'm not certain. They are nice brogans but the biggest problem I've had with them is that the laces kept coming undone as I moved around in them. Then I found out about the "soak the laces in water" trick and that did it. They stayed tied after that, but then they came undone again, I re-tied them but they broke when I pulled to hard to start the knot.

I've been going through Fall Creek for just about everything else so far, so I called them and asked them to send me three new pairs of shoelaces. I soaked them with the shoes (which were covered in mud from my last event) and I wore them this past weekend and they were great. The leather is much softer than the old laces and they never came untied.