Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moderator Note

Congrats Ross & Amber! Y'all make a fine family... ya coming up to Savannah in Sept??
    Bobby Hughes
    Co A, 2nd Battalion Ga Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Vol Infantry "Yates' Sharpshooters"
    Savannah Republican Blues
    Co C, 3rd US Infantry
    Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum & William Scarbrough House, Savannah, GA

"I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy." - James Longstreet at a Memorial Day Parade in 1902.

Congratulations! Can we all celebrate by initiating pointless and vicious thread arguements all over the Whine Cellar? (sort of like an online wedding reception brawl?)
    Rob Weaver
    Pine River Boys, Co I, 7th Wisconsin
    "We're... Christians, what read the Bible and foller what it says about lovin' your enemies and carin' for them what despitefully use you -- that is, after you've downed 'em good and hard."
    -Si Klegg and His Pard Shorty

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Weaver View Post
    Congratulations! Can we all celebrate by initiating pointless and vicious thread arguements all over the Whine Cellar? (sort of like an online wedding reception brawl?)
    I'm away for a few days but still have Wi-Fi at the bed and breakfast. We aren't going back to the old days of a lone moderator keeping buckets of sawdust around to soak up the blood. I may be sporadically online, but the other mods will still rein things in! I am now going back to sewing an RD II while I sip wine on the upper porch of a 19th century home in the historic section of St. Augustine, FL, enjoying the cool breeze and mild throaty sounds of bullfrogs. And oh yeah, my honeymoon...
    Ross Lamoreaux
    Moderator and Sewer of Historical Clothing and Tall Tales

"But our opportunity to learn and grow, to communicate the richness of the lives that have gone before us, that does not change. We do not outgrow it. It does not tatter and fall apart in our hands..." -Mrs. Terre Lawson, 2010

Drat!! In a wired world, the teacher is never out of the room!
    Rob Weaver
    Pine River Boys, Co I, 7th Wisconsin
    "We're... Christians, what read the Bible and foller what it says about lovin' your enemies and carin' for them what despitefully use you -- that is, after you've downed 'em good and hard."
    -Si Klegg and His Pard Shorty