Thread: FS Fully Defarbed 1855 Springfield

Default FS Fully Defarbed 1855 Springfield

I am selling a defarbed 1855 Springfield, originally made by Armisport. I believe this is the "Type 1" version of the rifle musket, with the ladder sight and brass nose cap (correct me if I am wrong on this). The defarb was done by James River Armory back when they were still doing Civil War stuff.

The defarb includes the correct stamps on the stock and barrel (cartouches on stock, VP with Eagle on barrel), removal of all modern markings on the exterior of the musket, AND a total reworking of the stock to make it the same size as the originals. Along with the reworking the finish was changed to linseed oil from the manufacturers plastic style lacquer. The musket is stamped "1857 Harpers Ferry" on the lockplate and 1857 on the barrel. The Maynard primer is non functional, but the plate does open to reveal the fake recess below.

There is one small flaw with the lock, the small screw that retains the primer lid has broken off, so the plate will open if the musket is tilted. You could replace the small screw, or do a small modification that would keep the lid closed if you desire.

The musket has been very lightly used, and looks almost new. The metal is still bright, including the brass nosecap. The musket was only used for a handful of local Utah events.

Looking for $1000 shipped or best offer. New, not defarbed, Armisport 1855's are going for $1000 before shipping, and they are getting pretty uncommon. A proper defarb will also cost between $200-250 if you can find someone who will do an 1855.

Pictures up soon. PM or email capink@gmail.com for questions
    Last edited by chase196126; 03-02-2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Email address

This gun is truly beautiful. If I had the scratch I'd get this. You won't see another one like this for a while.
    Kris Larson 32
    Wasatch Lodge #1 F&AMU
    Past Master, Uintah Lodge #7 F&AMU
    Camp Floyd Historic Lodge #205 F&AMU
    Chaplain, Rocky Mountain #11 F&AMU
    A.A.S.R.
    El Kalah Shrine
    Utah Assistant State Director, Bugles Across America

I am going to drop the price to $925 or feel free to send me an offer and we can discuss it.

StonewallSharpeson Guest

Default Re: 1855 Springfield Defarb

A beautiful weapon. If I had the money, I'd buy it. If you haven't sold it by the end of the summer, and I can sell my Enfield, I'll take it! But that's going to take a while.
    Did you take off "Armi-Sport"?
    Will Thoms

Bumping the price down to $875 or best offer. Feel free to send a message and we can discuss things.

That is very nice weapon.

Chase, you need to clean some things from your inbox. It is full.

Chase, tries the pm and got nothing. Paid you on Sunday. Haven't heard anything since. Have you shipped the musket yet?