Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How many cartridges for Gettysburg 150th?

Perhaps I missed it if it was brought up.

What do fellas do (like me for instance, traveling 2,600 miles) who would have to fly to Gettysburg? I know that you can't take powder aboard an aircraft. I take it that there are Sutlers and the like, who will be selling powder and caps there. I'd image for the ones who are traveling by vehicle and were short some cartridges, could roll as many as they needed while there.

Depending on which Gettysburg event you are attending.....

For the Blue Gray Alliance event, check with Jack's Powder Keg for a reserved pre-event order of rolled cartridges, to be picked up on site.

http://www.jackspowderkeg.com/
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

You might also check with the guys you are falling in with, who aren't flying, about supplying you cartridges. Some guys will work for beer & powder money!
    Bill Rodman, If you need a really bad example.
    King of Prussia, PA
    wrodman1@aol.com

My brother and I are two of the fastest loading trigger happy reenactors so we're taking around 250 each since being the iron brigade may get us a lot of action.
    "Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."

Second WI Volunteer infantry
    Co. K
    http://www.secondwi.com/

Anthony Burzinski

Quote Originally Posted by The True Guts and Glory View Post
    My brother and I are two of the fastest loading trigger happy reenactors so we're taking around 250 each since being the iron brigade may get us a lot of action.
    If you sing the ABC song twice to yourself while loading you might actually be close to recreating history while you're there.
    Rob Weaver
    Pine River Boys, Co I, 7th Wisconsin
    "We're... Christians, what read the Bible and foller what it says about lovin' your enemies and carin' for them what despitefully use you -- that is, after you've downed 'em good and hard."
    -Si Klegg and His Pard Shorty

The short answer to the original question should have been, "check with your unit leadership". If your NCO's and officers can't provide you with the needed information prior to going to a national (or any) event, then the varied answers you get from a national forum probably won't help much either. Time to move on from this thread...
    Ross Lamoreaux
    Moderator and Sewer of Historical Clothing and Tall Tales

"But our opportunity to learn and grow, to communicate the richness of the lives that have gone before us, that does not change. We do not outgrow it. It does not tatter and fall apart in our hands..." -Mrs. Terre Lawson, 2010