Thread: Federal Campaigner Battalion at Hooker's Rear 5-7 April, 2013

Default Federal Campaigner Battalion at Hooker's Rear 5-7 April, 2013

Gents, as many of you saw already from Chris Anders' announcement, the event "In Hooker's Rear" is going on the first weekend on April. The event website can be found at:http://www.hookersrear.com/Home_Page.html . I am raising a Federal Campaigner Battalion for the event, portraying the 1st Battalion, 17th United States Infantry. We are looking for some good guys who are up to progressive level and want to have a great experience, please contact these gents:
    Company A: Sam Lowe samuele.lowe@gmail.com
    Company G: Doug Lyons ddclyons1@aol.com

This event is a tactical event that will use far more realistic objectives than most tacticals. To that end, we will be using period tactics exclusively throughout the weekend, giving everyone a stimulating yet historical experience. We will be doing proper guard mount, pickets, and drill during the weekend as well.

The 17th US, who we will be portraying, was a New Army regiment, formed in Maine during 1861-1862. It was unique in that its commander hired men to go to Canada and recruit British soldiers from their Guards and Rifle regiments that were sent to America during the Trent affair to be their NCOs, consequently giving the regiment an outstanding level of drill and elan. It should be a great experience and I truly hope you can come out and join us. This will be a great chance to shake off some rust, get a unique experience, and learn about the history of a little remembered unit.
    Andrew Roscoe,
    The Western Rifles
    24thmi@gmail.com

I've always had a great interest in the Regulars, both Old Army and new. Will you just have 2 companies?
    Kevin Barnes
    Co I 6th NCST