Thread: Civilian or Confederate Overcoat M/F

Default Civilian or Confederate Overcoat M/F

If there was ever an overcoat that met the criteria of “Confederate homespun” this is it. This overcoat is constructed out of material from Family Heirloom Weavers in jean with a homespun lining. All of the button holes are hand stitched, of course, and the balance of the coat is a combination of machine and hand sewing. It could possibly be all hand sewn but I cannot, of course, take the coat apart to check the interior stitching. Buttons are wood.

I considered this my “odd-duck” overcoat as it has a unique curved button pattern and it actually closes backwards – like a woman’s garment. In that regard it could be used as a woman’s overcoat.

I wear a size 46 jacket at 190 pounds and have worn it without a jacket underneath. There is ample room in the chest for a jacket underneath but it was extremely tight in the arm holes for me wearing a jacket under it. It most likely would work just fine as an overcoat with a uniform underneath for someone wearing a size 40 / 42, maybe a 44. As it is I mainly used it lounging around without a jacket underneath or to sleep in.

This coat is clean, without faults, and ready to hit the field.

Made by Eric Woods.

I am asking $150 / offer. Pay Pal only.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Bump! Open to reasonable offers on this fine quality coat. Would also consider trades - what have you in mind?
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Bumping this up for the weekend viewers. Still open to trade offers. I can use things such as a nice size 46 civilian sack coat, 36W / 32L trousers, shirts, etc. Mainstream OK but must be in great shape.

PM me any interest.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D