Thread: Civil War: The Untold Story

Default Civil War: The Untold Story

Anybody know anything about this? Looks pretty decent. And graphic. The tralier was posted on the Civil War Trust Facebook page. Can't find a website for it though. Looks to be coming out next year sometime.

http://vimeo.com/57004598
    Chris Owens

ooschris@hotmail.com

CWT

150th BGA Gettysburg. June 27-30 2013

"War is old men talking and young men dying"

I'm looking forward to it as well. Looks like most of the Shiloh footage shown is from the Great Divide company's new film for the Shiloh National Battlefield Park (the "Shiloh: Fiery Trial" that is referred to). I haven't had the opportunity to view what they produced for Kennesaw Mountain or Chickamauga (if those visitor center films are even out yet), but the footage in this trailer looks excellent. Looks like good attention to detail. I do hope "Colonel Dan" McCook recites "Horatius at the Bridge" a little more solemnly in the final, though.

4th Kentucky Infantry, Cotton States Battalion

Honoring Ensign Robert H. Lindsay, 4th Ky. Vol. Inf.
    KIA Jonesboro, GA August 31, 1864
    Roll of Honor for Murfreesboro and Chickamauga

It is from Great Divide. It's actually a compilation of all three recent NPS films they filmed. Shiloh, Chickamagua / Chattanooga campaigns, and Kennesaw/ march thru Georgia etc.. I worked as an actor for the latter two. There was alot of attention to authenticity, which was great, as well as for the Chatt./ Chcik/ film, we filmed on actual locations. Most of the Kennesaw was was filmed on the Resaca battlefield.Some fellas just didn't fit the build though.The premiere for the Chattanoga film was held here, in Chattanooga, a few months ago, and it's showing now at the visitor center at Chickamagua. The Kennesaw film will debut later this year. As for the " Col. Dan McCook " scene it was performed by a pard Aron Price, I was involved in another scene at the time and can't vouch for the final product.

Cheers,
    Last edited by E.Brown; 01-29-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    Eric Brown

Currently known to associate with the WIG / AG

"It has never been fully realized, nor appreciated by the people of the North-the great part in preserving the Union, the brave, loyal,and patriotic Union men, in the mountainous parts of the Southern states, rendered" - Orderly Sgt. Silas P. Woodall (2nd grt. grnd...) member of "Kennemers Union Scouts & Guides"-organized in Woodville, Alabama 1863.

Well i look foward to seeing it. Thanks for all the info Eric. Looks like you can by the individual DVD's. My have to add to the collection..
    Chris Owens

ooschris@hotmail.com

CWT

150th BGA Gettysburg. June 27-30 2013

"War is old men talking and young men dying"

Quote Originally Posted by KyColorSgt View Post
    I do hope "Colonel Dan" McCook recites "Horatius at the Bridge" a little more solemnly in the final, though.
    All historical accounts point to McCook reciting it VERY Matter-of-Factly and bold almost as a reminder to himself, just before he gave the orders to move forward
    Granted, when you "hollywood" something it will rarely remain 100% consistent to form, and McCook was not actually facing his men when it was recited on June 27th, 1864
    but for what the filming was attempting to accomplish as a scene setter and a climax, I think it worked out quite well.

Of course, I am a bit biased.