Thread: For sale: U.S. Navy Blanket and State Jacket (size 38)

Thumbs up For sale: U.S. Navy Blanket and State Jacket (size 38)

Friends,

I have the below items for sale. Both prices include shipping and delivery confirmation to the continental US. PayPal is greatly preferred, all sales final, and please ask any questions before committing to buy, thanks!

U.S. Navy Blanket
    This is an antique Navy blanket "converted" to match the one which washed ashore from the sinking of the USS Cumberland, which I personally examined (can be seen in Echoes of Glory). The stenciling was copied by me directly from the original, and the blanket measures about 48"x71", which is about the same length as the original, but a few inches narrower. A small 1" L-shaped tear near the top was repaired with natural colored cotton thread. Washed and clean, and has raw ends per the original. The indentations from the contemporary 'US Navy' stitching have been mostly obliterated, but you can faintly see them if you look closely. A couple very small light stains which did not wash out, but not bad at all. $105 shipping included.

State Jacket, size 38
    State jacket with a 9-button front. No epaulets or belt loops, actually it reminds me a lot of what seem to be Pennsylvania-issued jackets as seen in some photos during the second half of the war. Lined in blue denim and natural colored cotton sleeve linings. Jacket is completely handsewn, and has an interior left breast pocket. Good color dark blue material, just a few areas where some stitching has pulled, but nothing horrible. $115 shipping included.

Paul Boccadoro
    Attached Images Attached Images

State Jacket sold pending funds.

State Jacket is back up for sale.

Default Jacket reduced to $100

Jacket reduced to $100 shipping included. I'm also attaching a photo of a man wearing a jacket like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jacket sold, fo' sho' this time. Blanket still available.

Both items sold!