Thread: Wanna ask some questions!!!!

Default Wanna ask some questions!!!!

I know that we are not allowed to ask non-ACW questions here, so can anyone directly me to a re-enactor based Mexican-American War 1846 to 1848 Forum site? I have looked all around and not found the forum I am looking for. I have found them for all the other time periods but not this one. I want to ask questions about Uniform, gear and equipment for Regulars and Militia. Many Thanks!
    "In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight... or a flag. Rather... we fight for the man on our left and we fight for the man on our right... and when armies have scattered and when the empires fall away... all that remains is the memory
    of those precious moments... we spent side by side."

Paul Bennett

You can always bounce questions my way, as I'm deep into the Seminole War scene up through Mexico as a Regular and militia. Most of the forums have died off or aren't very productive. There is the Aztec Club on Facebook which could definitely use some more traffic, but some of the peeps on there are very knowledgeable.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

Default PM on its way!!!

Thank you very much Sir! I have a PM on its way to you now.
    P.s. I have just joined the "Aztec Club" on FB and have been posting ref. the living history event this Summer at Bents Old Fort here in Colorado.
    Many Thanks!
    "In the heat of battle it ceases to be an idea for which we fight... or a flag. Rather... we fight for the man on our left and we fight for the man on our right... and when armies have scattered and when the empires fall away... all that remains is the memory

Paul Bennett

Default Another source

You might also shoot a email to the folks at Fort Gibson OK. They have a lot of activities around the Mexican-American war. Many uniforms, equipment. etc.

http://www.okhistory.org/sites/fortgibson.php
    Paul Bostick
    Stillwater, OK

"For bad coffee, I play bad. For good coffee... I play the same as for bad coffee, it's all a matter of perspective".

To GGrandDad Captain TCK Bostick, Army of Mississippi, 2nd Corp, 5th Regiment, Company I (Kemper Rebels). Killed at the battle of Shiloh

I agree with what Mr. Bostick said immediately above about Fort Gibson, OK. The new director overseeing the site for the Oklahoma Historical Society is David Fowler, who was also one of the founding members of the 6th US Infantry group that they had there for Mexican War. Also, a former employee is Mike Bradley who now runs "Uniforms of Antiquity" and frankly his Mexican War stuff is his best stuff. He used to do a Dragoon impression himself.
    Frank Siltman
    Cannoneer, Fort Sill Historic Gun Detachment
    24th MO Vol Inf
    Lawton/Fort Sill, OK

Thank you Gentlemen, e-mails are on their way to Fort Gibson. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett