Thread: Stonewall Brigade Seeking Volunteers!

Default Stonewall Brigade Seeking Volunteers!

About once a season I like to post on here for anyone who is a lost, wandering soul and in search of a solid, authentic unit to join. The Stonewall Brigade is actively seeking motivated recruits to swell our ranks for the 63 campain season. The Brigade is a campaigner unit with a very low key and open approach to inviting new recruits into the ranks. If you're new to campaigning, don't worry, you won't be scorned or ridiculed. We welcome all motived reenecators to give the campaign lifestyle a shot. Below is a link to the brigade website, where you can select the individual units within the Brigade.
    Some of our events for this year are:
    "In Hooker's Rear"- Hosted by the brillian Mr. Anders and the Southern Division
    150th BGA Gettysburg- The Brigade will be portraying a portion of Heth's Division under command of the Southern Division.
    150th Chickamauga- The Brigade will be portraying Kershaw's Brigade and will look sharp in our newly issued uniforms!

There are many other events throughout the campaign season and membership types vary, depending on the sub-units in the Brigade. For more information, email the contacts on the website, or feel free to contact me with interest in the 4th. VA, Co. A.
    The Brigade Website is: http://stonewallbrigade.org/Home_Page.php

Thanks, and Happy Campaign Season!!

Bump biddy bump bump

Tell us about the uniforms to be worn at Chickamauga. Shell jackets? Cadet grey in color? Regular wool or jean wool? Trouser color? I'll be with the 63rd Tennessee/Hardee's Guard Bttn. at that event.

We will be portraying Kershaw's South Carolina Brigade, with other units from the Southern Division. Kershaw's men were issued RD2 style jackets in the blue/gray kersey that was becoming very heavily issued out of the richmond depot during this time. We will also be uniformed in the royal blue, wool trousers that were also issued by the depot to Kerahaw's men. You can see some of our NCO's wearing our new uniforms on the main Brigade website (see url in first post in this thread). The pictures are from this last weekend's winter quarters in Dillsburg, PA.

A reference for those interested: http://www.blueandgraymarching.com/a...stinguish.html
    Last edited by MarylandMarine; 02-13-2013 at 11:55 PM. Reason: **** spelling

Very good impression. Its a shame all of Longstreet's/Hood's Boys weren't on the field at Chickamauga.

Don't want to hijack your thread. PM me if you wish....would like to know who made your uniforms, waiting period to receive them, cost, etc.

PM sent good sir.

I'm a new guy, getting back into the hobby after a ten year hiatus. I'd like to know more, because I'm looking for a quality CS unit to fall out/join.

Check out our new web site.

stonewallbrigade.net

It should let you know what we are about and has contact information.