Thread: Help with a Defarb...

Default Help with a Defarb...

Anyone wanna try and pitch in and get this,and do a few minor defarbs??

C'mon fellers, whaddya say?

In all seriousness, last surviving monitor, the 139 year old Austo-Hungarian river Monitor SMS Lajta (Leitha) built in 1871.

Her original configuration... almost looks like a PassaicClass... Almost...
    Bobby Hughes
    Co A, 2nd Battalion Ga Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Vol Infantry "Yates' Sharpshooters"
    Savannah Republican Blues
    Co C, 3rd US Infantry
    Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum & William Scarbrough House, Savannah, GA

"I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy." - James Longstreet at a Memorial Day Parade in 1902.

But the Hungarians aren't selling it.
    - Ernesto Serna

"...I'm struck by the contradiction at the core of Civil War reenacting. On the surface it's a hyper-macho hobby, focused on guns and battle. But the longer I hang out with hardcores ... the more they remind me of supermodels, chatting endlessly about their jackets and shoes and hair and how many pounds they've lost since the last event." - Tony Horwitz

She's a handsome craft in profile. Low and sinister.
    Mel Glover

Rob Weaver is my guru:
    -"...one of the characteristics of a good reenactor is the willingness to not be bulletproof."
    -"Be more concerned with your own impression than with anyone else's."

IIRC monitors were the height of naval technology for the Austro-Hungarians as late as 1914, when they were obsolete and feeble among the other European powers. The Austrian navy made a pretty poor showing during the Great War.
    Rob Weaver
    Pine River Boys, Co I, 7th Wisconsin
    "We're... Christians, what read the Bible and foller what it says about lovin' your enemies and carin' for them what despitefully use you -- that is, after you've downed 'em good and hard."
    -Si Klegg and His Pard Shorty

Farb that I am, I would just file off the "Made in Hungary" and use as is...
    M. A. Schaffner
    Midstream Regressive Complainer

Beat me to it...just re-locate the serial number below deck and viola' "The Monitor" (or Merrimack...they are interchangeable).
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

Hmmmmmmm....Österreichischer Kriegsmarine.....would be a seriously cool impression