Thread: BGA vs GAC Gettysburg

Default BGA vs GAC Gettysburg

Hey all

Anyone have any idea which event will field more numbers? I personally am interested in the BGA event. Just figured I would ask around the forum tho.

Peter Griebel

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Griebz View Post
    Hey all

Anyone have any idea which event will field more numbers? I personally am interested in the BGA event. Just figured I would ask around the forum tho.

Peter Griebel

Peter

The 145th had two events GAC and Mr. Anders High Tide event. Much like this year one was held a week before the other. GAC had 15 thousand while Mr. Anders event had about 12 hundred based on postings here on the forum. I realize that was going on five years ago. With the ANV going to GAC not the BGA event how much if any that plays into it yet to be seen. ANV once commited to the BGA has had a change of heart. Those in the East like Mr. Anders will I'm sure and should address your question. If I was to guess, and this is but a guess GAC will still be the larger of the two, base on the fact they have been putting it on for a number of years. It should be interesting since the two sides seem to be at odds. I did GAC 145th and have done a number of BGA events here in the West(Twin Rivers, Brices Crossroads, Missionary Ridge). I see little difference other than who counts the money and the price of coffee.

Always

Doug Thomas
    Lyons Kentucky CS
    Last edited by captdougofky; 01-16-2013 at 02:27 PM. Reason: spelling
    Holding on the High ground

Quote Originally Posted by captdougofky View Post
    I see little difference other than who counts the money and the price of coffee.
    I see a huge difference... You're going to GAC and I'm going to the BGA Gettysburg.

People on this forum can draw their own conclusions from that simple fact.

BTW... I went to At High Tide as well, different can be better everyone, have the courage to make your own decisions and don't let anyone tell you because Such and Such or So and So is going to X that you need to go to X.
    Your Obedient Servant,

Peter M. Berezuk

Proud Member of...
    69th NYSV Historical Association - USMC Historical Company - Washington Guard

Builder and Maintainer of the Ray Prosteen Memorial Event Calendar

Rancho San Rafael, Republic of the Pacific

Numbers are not the most important thing at an event. The quality is much more important. Sticking to the historic scenario and places like the civilian town make BGA a better choice. Plus all the best people in this hobby will be at the BGA event.
    Andrew Grim
    Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Boys
    Mess of Myself
    Occasional 7%er

"Los Angeles at the close of the Rebellion was the most vindictive, uncompromising community in the United States" Horace Bell

Moderator Note: Rather than let this turn into the normal event politics thread, talk to your unit, your pards, or someone that matters and figure out what is more important to you in this hobby and go with that. Event numbers aren't as important as it used to be for some folks....
    Last edited by FloridaHoosier; 01-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Ross Lamoreaux
    Moderator and Sewer of Historical Clothing and Tall Tales

"But our opportunity to learn and grow, to communicate the richness of the lives that have gone before us, that does not change. We do not outgrow it. It does not tatter and fall apart in our hands..." -Mrs. Terre Lawson, 2010