Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beauregard's Tailor 2013 - Confederate Commutation/Import Catalog

Default Beauregard's Tailor 2013 - Confederate Commutation/Import Catalog

Import Clothing

Tait Jacket
    The Tait jacket was one of the most heavily imported pieces of clothing in the Confederacy, with jacket arriving in the South through most of here major ports from Texas to North Carolina. The Tait jackets are constructed according to notes taken from the surviving examples and include a machine-sewn body, import script service buttons, and handsewn buttonholes. The pattern that I offer has a solid service trim collar and shoulder straps (red or dark blue). The body of the jacket is made from import blue/grey kesery (English Army Cloth) with the lining consisting of linen.

Price: $200.00

Alabama Contract Tait Jacket
    Unlike the Tait jackets traditionally seen, these jackets were originally cut out and shipped to the Confederacy in “kit” form. These jackets then were constructed in the depots in Alabama, particularly Mobile. The Alabama Tait jacket is completely handsewn, closed with Federal eagle buttons, and lined in heavy cotton (not linen as per Tait contract jackets). The jacket have two inside pockets and trimmed in dark/royal blue.

Price: $240.00

State Issue Clothing

Georgia State Jacket
    The Georgia State jacket is copied from a number of early/mid war photos of Georgians serving in the Confederate armies of Northern Virginia and Tennessee. These jacket have a wide range of trim, buttons, and cuts. But the basic design includes outside pockets, collar, epaulet, and collar trim. Please send me a e-mail at akcampaigner@yahoo.com to discuss which original you would like for me to copy.

Price: $175.00-$225.00

Georgia Frock Coat
    Trimmed similar to the above, the Georgia frock coat traditionally has black trim on collar, cuffs, and sometimes epaulets. There are many different styles of these coats, and therefore it is necessary to discuss the many different options available. Please feel free to message me for more information:

Price: $375.00-$500.00

Commutation Jackets

Alabama Commutation Jacket
    The Alabama Commutation Jacket is constructed according to an original image of an Alabama Confederate believed to have been taken in 1862. The jacket has black tape trim running down the front left front and collar and one outside pocket on the right side breast. The material appears to be a finer wool jean or maybe a kesery. As there is very limited information on this jacket, there are lots of different options for fabric, buttons, and lining.

Price: $195.00

Wright Jacket
    The Wright Jacket is based on a set of roughly constructed Confederate jacket and trousers. This uniform was originally made from poorly dyed wool jean cloth and lined with rough unbleached cotton osanburg. The natural dying process provided the cloth with a unique “stripe” pattern. Due to the excellent efforts of NJ Sekela, I am now able to offer the jacket in a reproduction cloth that matches this natural dye pattern more closely than any other previous cloth. The jacket has one inside pocket, six button front ( sand-cast “I” block buttons), and is patterned with a 4 piece body (similar to that of the Confederate 4-Button Jacket). The construction is completely done by hand as per the original.

Price: $250.00*

*The complete Wright uniform set (matching trousers and jacket) are priced at $400.00 shipped.

Custom Commutation Jacket
    With there being hundreds of different patterns and styles available, please send me an e-mail and we can discuss these options.

Commutation Trousers

Wright Trousers
    Similar to the Wright jacket, the trousers were originally made from a matching naturally dyed jean cloth giving the appearance of horizontal stripes across the body. Unlike many Confederate and civilian trousers at the time, the trousers have waistband pockets. The trousers are closed with bone buttons and a back buckle, with the construction being done completely by hand. I fall all of the above details as closely as possible in my reproduction, allowing for a unique and authentic pair of Confederate trousers.

Price: $205.00*

*The complete Wright uniform set (matching trousers and jacket) are priced at $400.00 shipped.

Trimmed Commutation Trousers
    While many Commutation trousers were lacked trim, in the beginning months and years of the war, Confederate trousers are seen with wide black side seam stripes. These are most noted in the Western Armies, particularly at Fort Donelson and Shiloh. The construction of these trousers vary from original to original, but they can be purchased with mule-ear, side-seam, or waistband pockets. The button options include: tin, brass, bone, china, and wood.

Price: $195.00 (machine sewn)
    Price: $225.00 (handsewn)

Commutation Trousers
    Almost identical to the above, Commutation trousers lacking trim but maintaining the same above features are priced as follows:

Price: $175.00 (machine sewn)
    Price: $205.00 (handsewn)

Custom Commutation Trousers
    If there is a particular original pair of trousers you would like to have copied, please send me a e-mail at akcampaigner@yahoo.com for pricing.

Overshirts

As there are hundreds, if not thousands, of period fashions, please send me a e-mail at akcampaigner@yahoo.com to discuss the many different options for overshirts and battleshirts.

Frock Coats

Charleston Frock Coats
    Charleston Frock Coats are based on the wide number of images and paintings of troops in and around the defensive works of Charleston. A consistent pattern is seen, with a coat being made from a light or dark cloth (either finely woven wool/cotton jean cloth or kesery), longer cut, and collar (sometimes cuff) trim. These coats have many different details, but the rough pattern stays the same.

Price: $400.00

Generic Frock Coats
    A plain cut Confederate frock coat is one of the most versatile garments that can be had in the collection of a reenactor. The frock coat is seen from 1861-1865 in almost every theater of the war. These coats can be made from a wide range of jean cloths, cottons, and keserys, and are lined in cotton osanburg, silk, printed, or checked fabric. The coats come with two tail pockets and one inside or outside pocket. The chest can be quilted or left plain (both styles are seen). If you would like the chest quilted that is an additional $35.00 to the price listed below.

Price: $375.00

Custom Frock Coats
    As with most items, custom orders copying particular originals are welcome. Please send me a e-mail and we can discuss such a project.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a copy of the Holiday jacket from Echos made by Andrew.That has to be one of the finest jackets I have seen.The craftsmenship on the coat is bar none some of the best I have seen.If you want good quality,authentic colthing that will last,Andrew is the man.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn 'The Quiet Man'

Attached are images of a Generic Frock Coat and Alabama Contract Tait Jacket.

Attached are images of a logwood dyed jean cloth Commutation Jacket. A similar jacket would be priced at $180.00.

All the best,

Attached are images of the following:

Commutation Jacket
    11th Arkansas Jacket

Charleston Enlisted Double-Breasted Frock Coat

Andrew PM sent

Peter Griebel

7th Florida Commutation Jacket

4-Button Commutation Jacket

Amazin work Andrew.

All this, and straight A's!
    Galen Wagner
    Yellowhammer Rifles
    Oak Park # 864 F&AM
    Montgomery, AL

Attached are some images of a recently completed logwood Commutation Frock Coat.