Thread: Looking for a Confederate and/or Union unit in the Cincinnati ( tristate) area

Default Looking for a Confederate and/or Union unit in the Cincinnati ( tristate) area

I recently located to Cincinnati, Ohio. I am currently looking for a Civil War reenactment unit in this area of Northern Kentucky, Indiana and Cincinnati, within reasonable driving distance to participate in a drill exercise/meeting over a day.
    Preferable a Confederate unit but a Yankee unit would do fine too.

respectfully

Mikael

Mikael,

The Independent Guard Battalion has several member companies that might suit your needs.

http://independentguard.blogspot.com/

There are always companies in our battalion looking for new members.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Thank you,

I hope I can find something that suits me.

Quote Originally Posted by 50th VA Corporal View Post
    Mikael,

The Independent Guard Battalion has several member companies that might suit your needs.

http://independentguard.blogspot.com/

There are always companies in our battalion looking for new members.
    Thank you!

I hope I can find something that suits me.

The 6th OVI is based out of Cincinnati and we're having our annual company meeting January 26th at Camp Dennison.

The 6th is a Federal, progressive-mainstream unit that attends events ranging from the big nationals, to smaller living histories, to providing troops for local ceremonies. We're a member unit of the Army of the Ohio but have also recently fallen in with the Western Federal Blues and the USV. We've adopted the Perryville battlefield and every year travel down there to help restore it to its original condition, as well as helped raise thousands of dollars toward battle flag restoration.

If you're interested drop me a PM and I'll get you the contact info. Even if you end up with a different unit than us, show up at the meeting and you can get a small taste of what we're about. Hope to see you there.
    Mel Glover
    -GG grandson of Cpl Christian Greener, 1st Wisconsin Cavalry, Co. F

-Rob Weaver is my guru:
    -"...one of the characteristics of a good reenactor is the willingness to not be bulletproof."
    -"Be more concerned with your own impression than with anyone else's."

Thank you all!!!
    I am looking around and I will have to see where I end up...

anvtjm Guest

Default Join the 9th ky company D!

Hi
    I joined the 9th ky co. D in the cincinnati area just last summer after several years of falling in with them on and off. I have been reenacting since 1999 and I am glad that I found a unit close to home. They are a great group of guys. The 9th ky has a webpage and a facebook page. Hope this helps. Pvt. TJ Mathis 9th KY CO. D

I have been in contact with both the 9th KY and the 1st TN here in southern Ohio.
    I was going to go to the annual company meeting of the 1st TN. It's hard to know... but they both seem like good reenacting units.

Pvt. Gustafsson

You can contact me. Dependent on what you want out of the hobby I can direct you to the right unit that would meet your needs. I live just outside of Cincinnati east of the city.

Sincerly, S.D.Swart. seanapdaniel@yahoo.com