Thread: Is Archer still in buisness?

Hybrid View

Default Is Archer still in buisness?

I keep trying to bring up the web site and get no where, was hoping to use my tax return to get some nice instruments for my impression, however if they are no longer in business, I will be very depressed.
    And would have to find another source for instruments.
    Ryan
    Ryan Gray
    Army of the Ohio
    25th OVI
    49th OVI
    8th OVI
    121st OVI

I don't know for sure if he is or not, his website has not been updated for years the last time I looked. Try to e-mail him as he makes the best reproduction surgical tools. Archer tools are only surpassed by originals. You can try milk creek mercantile if his are not available, they aren't terrible also they are less expensive than two flags sutlery surgical tools plus they look like they are from the same supplier that copied Archer and Sons tools anyway.

I have personally compared the quality and I should say there is no comparison Archer and Sons are superior to milk creek's supplier of surgical tools.
    David Meister

Surgeon C.S.A.

1st Assistant Surgeon 108th Regt. Ills. Vols.

I agree with David, Archer was the best in the business. There is the possibility of another vendor coming on line for medical instruments and they will be much better than what we have now.

John Ferrannini
    Surgeon
    Medical Dept., Co.K 67th NY Reg't 1st Long Island Vols.

I would like to know more about this other vendor coming on line for surgical instruments.
    Also does anyone have an email contact for Mr Archer?
    I would like to get some decent tools with my tax refund before it gets spent else where.
    Thank you both,
    Ryan Gray
    Army of the Ohio
    25th OVI
    49th OVI
    8th OVI
    121st OVI

Default Mr. Ed Archer is Retired

Mr Archer has retired . He closed his store, The Bohemian Brigade Bookshop a few years back. So, if you are lucky enough to have or find one of his kits, scarf it up or keep it. I believe he is still active with the Society of CW Surgeons. But try Dr. John Gimesh with Antique Medical Instruments in Fayetteville, NC. He has a huge assortment of original instruments that are only a few $ more than the cheap , repops now available.Respectfully,
    Dave Furukawa, PA-C
    Surgeon
    21st OVI

Thank you Dave.
    Ryan Gray
    Army of the Ohio
    25th OVI
    49th OVI
    8th OVI
    121st OVI