Thread: Duvall Belt?

Default Duvall Belt?

I've been thinking of purchasing a Duvall Leather belt. The price is a bit up there for a beginner like me but any information on this item would be appreciated. Also if anybody has one they would be willing to sell, that would be great

Thanks!

You'd be hard pressed to find a better guy to deal with and his products are top notch as far as quality, craftsmanship, and accuracy. Also, what kind of belt are you looking for? I might have something I'd be willing to part with depending on what you're looking for.
    Matt Lovejoy

I think with the anount of people in the hobby, it never hurts to post a wanting to buy and see if anyone has something for sale if you can't afford to buy new. Just be sure to post the type of item and quality wanted.
    Jason K.
    Prodigal Sons Mess
    36th Illinois Co. "B"
    Old Northwest Volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by The True Guts and Glory View Post
    I've been thinking of purchasing a Duvall Leather belt. The price is a bit up there for a beginner like me
    IMHO, purchase the very best leather gear you can afford right off the bat. In some cases, the best equipment is not that much more expensive than the imported stuff and with proper care, you will not have to re-buy it several times as you will with inferior equipage. Finding pre-owned quality gear is excellent advice, you just have to be patient and watch the Forum. Dont be slow in responding on high quality gear, it does not last long before it gets snapped up!! Then again, you could just bite the bullet, buy it new and not have to think about it again.
    Harley
    5th Minnesota Regt. Vol. Infy.,Co. C
    1st South Carolina Volunteers, Co. H
    New Ulm Battery
    Old West Regulators - Minnesota
    "I love my wife so much, I almost told her the other day!!" Old Norwegian
    http://fifthminnesotacompanyc.webs.com/

A nice thing about Duvall is the quick turnaround. I ordered a custom bayonet scabbard a week before Christmas and should get it tomorrow. Quick response from email as well.
    Tim Surprenant
    Holmes' Brigade
    Old Northwest Volunteers
    A/35th Engineer Battalion

Camp Randall Armory
    Maker of Contractor Lockplates for M1861 Rifle-Muskets
    www.camprandallarmory.com

If you buy any piece of leather equipment from Nick, it will be the last one you buy for the hobby. I have bought probably three or four sabre belts over the years in the hobby. The last two were from Don Smith and Nick Duvall. I don't think Don is making many items anymore, but I wish I had bought one from Don or Nick earlier cause I would have never needed to buy another. For what I spent for the first two, I could have combine and bought one good one that I would never had to replace. That same thing has happen in several items from clothing to horse tack that I have bought over the years. When I think of the money I spent to get something that worked instead of something that was made correctly and made well and made authentically, it kills me. My suggestion, save your money and buy something that is well made and authentic the first time and save yourself from having to upgrade later. No matter if your unit is a mainstream or an authentic unit, I would give that advice to anyone based on my own experience. Anyway, Nick is top notch and a great vendor. I would recommend without hesitation.
    Rob

Thankyou all for responding, I will definitely be looking into getting one of these for myself.
    "Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."

Second WI Volunteer infantry
    Co. K
    http://www.secondwi.com/

Anthony Burzinski