Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Dresses for Sale

Default Women's Dresses for Sale

1. Day Dress. Mini black/white/gray plaid 100% shirt/dress weight wool. Sewn by Vivian Harrington. Gathered Bodice from Past Patterns 701. 100% cotton darted lining. Button front bodice with hand sewn buttonholes and original glass buttons. Piped armscyes, neckline, and cuffs. Coat Sleeves. Faced and taped hem; Skirt has directional knife pleating. Center front closure. Skirt hand whipped to bodice. Skirt 160 inch circumference. 30 inch waist. 37 inch bust. Worn less than 5 times. $155.00 OBO.

2. Day Dress. Peachtree/Atlanta History Center Pattern . 100% Cotton very light weight light blue/pink/white plaid fabric from Needle & Thread. Sewn by Vivian Harrington. Hand finishing including self ruffle trim around the bodice front and neck cut on the bias. Hook & eye center front closure. Bodice partially lined. Piped armscyes, Turned under hem had sewn. Gathered waist on skirt that is hand whipped to the bodice. Waist 30 inches. Bust 37 inches. skirt circumference 140 inches. Worn less than 5 times. $115.00 OBO.

3. Semi-sheer Day Dress. Inspired by the Peachtree/Atlanta History Center Pattern. Sewn by Vivian Harrington. 100% extra light weight cotton lawn. Black/Taupe background with black floral fabric in period correct organized pattern purchased from Needle & Thread. Gathered bodice. Pagoda style open sleeves set by hand. Partial lining in the bodice. Bodice self trim cut on the bias. Piped armscyes. Skirt is gathered and hand stitched to the bodice. Center front closure with hooks and eyes. Turned under hem hand stitched. less than 5 times. Waist 30 inches. Bust 37 inches. Worn approximately 5 times. $115.00 OBO.

4. Day Dress. Peachtree/ Atlanta History Center pattern sewn by Vivian Harrington. 100% Light weight Cotton Lawn. Medium blue with a white vine pattern. Bodice partially lined. Bodice front opening and neckline trimmed with hand self-ruching attached by hand. Bishop sleeves. Armscyes piped. Gathered skirt hand whipped to the waistband. Center front hook and eye closure. Hand sewn button holes and covered buttons on each cuff. This dress has been worn once and is unhemmed.
    Waist 30 inches. Bust 37 inches. $105.00 OBO.

Shipping extra. MO, Personal Check, PayPal (add 3% for PayPal). email me with any questions earthboar59 at yahoo.com.

Vivian Harrington
    Winchester, VA

Folks---pay attention here.

Three of the four dresses listed are very lightweight material--cotton lawn and other semi sheers. These are light, thin, airy dresses, less than half the weight of most dresses we see at reenactments.

This means they are cooler. And yes, that v-neck is correct. The original dress is in Atlanta.

For any of you going to Gettysburg next summer, if these fit you, buy em now. You'll be glad you did.

For you men who read the forum, point this ad out to your wife. Happy Wife = Happy Life

And if they fit me, well, I wouldn't be sewing my own.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

How tall was the woman who wore these dresses? My wife is short.

I am the woman who wore these dresses. I am 5'4" tall. Item #4 is unhemmed; the other 2 summer weight dresses have turned under hems rather than faced hems and can easily be shortened.

Regards~ Vivian Harrington

I wish I was a little smaller and you were a little bigger. #2 and #4 are great styles and my first choice in fabric. One day I'll have one like them. I agree with Mrs. Lawson. Men..your wife would like these for the summer.

Vivian is dress 4 or 3 still available?
    Susan Armstrong

Dress 4 is now sold.

Is dress #3 still available?

Tammi Sexton

#3 or #4? Let me know!

Thanks!

Tammi Sexton

Tammi - #3 is still available. you can email me at earthboar59@yahoo.com with any questions.

Vivian Harrington