Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longstreet's Corps at Chickamauga

P1853 Guest

Default Longstreet's Corps at Chickamauga

Does anyone else want to wear their Richmond Depot Type III uniform in the Western Theater? I do! This is a call for all those in the Northwest GA and Greater Chattanooga area that want to portray an infantryman of Longstreet's Corps after its transfer to the Army of Tennessee. Just PM me here, the units rank structure will be established after a few musters, and all are welcome to join up.

Being as there are several organizations putting forth a Longstreet/eastern impression for Chickamauga, could you enlighten us as to which organization you are representing? Unit standards/impression, campaign/progressive/mainstream, organizational affiliation, etc?
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

If I even thought about doing CSA for this event I'd have turned in my WIG registration yesterday.
    Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri
    Army of the Frontier
    www.24thmissouri.org

\"The floggings will continue until morale improves...\"

P1853 Guest

Our impression is that of the men of Company H "The Orphan Company", 3rd Arkansas Infantry Regiment. I am a caimpaigner myself but the Companty has a majority of green reenactors and I am in need of some seasoned veterans along with new comers.

Chickamauga is a little early for Type III RDs don't you think?
    Jim Mayo
    Member of the old vets mess.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

P1853 Guest

The information I found says that Logstreet's Corps was issued RD IIIs before being transferred to The Army of Tennessee, making them appear to be an elite formation. Then again I could have miss read.

P1853 Guest

Test. Test. Test.

Sorry Sir-I normally approve all moderated posts within 24 hours. Obviously I missed reading and approving some. I apologize.

Might want to check your documentation closely on this premise, as Mr Mayo is usually right. In moving forward for Chickamauga, and assuming your group has not affliated with a larger one, you'll want to contact the Blue Gray Alliance so that you can be consolidated in with the larger Longstreets impression organizations for this event.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

P1853 what's your source on the uniforms before Chickamauga? I know the 3rd was issued entirely new uniforms in April 1864 after returning from Tenn. If you'd like to drop me a note I've got a lot of letters, copies of photos, articles and manuscripts on the 3rd and I'd be happy to help with some research. I'd love to do 3rd with you, but as I happen to command some Yankees and my home unit was at Chickamauga I reckon I better go with them! If someone else leads them they might actually live thru a battle and that just simply would not do!

Best of luck, look forward to chatting with you on one of my favorite topics.
    Bob Minton
    bminton@embarqmail.com
    Army of the Ohio

P1853 Guest

@ Mrs. Lawson no problem I thought I was the one messing it up.

@ Bob and Mayo I looked and I was mistaken, the were wearing RD IIs. Its a good thing you gentlemen are around. I guess that means I have a really nice RD III to hang on the wall.