Thread: Ohio units

Default Ohio units

After trying to get a unit started in Montana I have found I may be moving to Ohio. Any units near nelsonville? Union infantry of course.

I would check with Bob Minton, he is colonel of the army of the ohio. He probably knows of a group to hook you up with. You can probably pm on this forum.

Try the 91st OVI I know it has a member in the southern area of Ohio.
    http://www.91stovi.com/
    Ryan Gray
    Army of the Ohio
    25th OVI
    49th OVI
    8th OVI
    121st OVI

The 6th OVI is based out of Cincinnati but we've got members in northern Kentucky, Indiana, one guy out in New Jersey, several in the Dayton area, and our captain hails from Columbus. We're a fairly large, progressive mainstream unit and officially members of the Army of the Ohio, but just this last year we also fell in with the 3rd USV and the Western Federal Blues. Our tentative schedule includes the BGA Gettysburg and Chickamauga, several local one- and two-day events, providing soldiers for parades and memorial services, and helping to restore the Perryville battlefield to its original condition.

If you think you might be interested in us, drop me a PM and I'll give you some contact information.

p.s. Where ya' from in the Big Sky Country? I lived in Kalispell for a while and I've got relatives scattered all around the state.
    Mel Glover

Rob Weaver is my guru:
    -"...one of the characteristics of a good reenactor is the willingness to not be bulletproof."
    -"Be more concerned with your own impression than with anyone else's."

Sir,

The Army of the Ohio does indeed have a couple of groups in that area. Drop me a note at bminton@embarqmail.com and I'll be happy to hook you up with them so you can check them out as well. I went to college in Nelsonville 'back in the day', beautiful part of Ohio to say the least, many fond memories from those days.

Best of luck,
    Bob Minton
    Army of the Ohio