Thread: Kepis

Default Kepis

Anyone have any thoughts on kepi made by Cody Mobley of The Company Tailor ?

Thanks,
    Kevin

What are your concerns? Pattern, construction, materials, price?
    Ross Lamoreaux
    Moderator and Sewer of Historical Clothing and Tall Tales

"But our opportunity to learn and grow, to communicate the richness of the lives that have gone before us, that does not change. We do not outgrow it. It does not tatter and fall apart in our hands..." -Mrs. Terre Lawson, 2010

Basically just wondering if they're considered a quality item or not. Are they based on authentic patterns , proper materials etc. or Am I going to have a great big Farbilicious item in my head?

Thanks,
    Kevin

From what I have seen,his kepis are all 100% correct.The kepi pattern is fitting more for the Trans-Mississippi Theater,so that may depend on getting one.But they seem to be fine caps.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn 'The Quiet Man'

Thanks Cullen,
    I just haven't heard of him before. i found one on good ol flea bay for $35 , thought it was worth the risk so I snagged it.

Kevin

Cody is a craftsman of the old school and is fairly well known in the progressive circles. He is a former AC approved vendor and is talented at just about whatever he puts his hands to, hats and caps included. He is most noted perhaps for his quilted hats based on the quilited cotton hat in the CS edition of "Echoes of Glory", but his kepis are also correctly made from quality materials and patterns.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

He does excellent custom work! Here is his website:

The Company Tailor
    Lewis Robinson
    Armory Guards
    Snake Nation Disciples

"Of course, they say wars never settle anything - but that business about secession was settled by that war." Shelby Foote