Thread: Fredericksburg photos online...

Default Fredericksburg photos online...

Fellow Szabozians,
    Just placed online, for your entertainment and enlightenment, a collection of close to 300 photographs from this past weekend’s program to commemorate the Battle of Fredericksburg.
    It was, without a doubt, one of the most powerful reenactments I have ever seen, particularly the crossing of the Rappahanock River on two faithful copies of 19th Century U.S. Army pontoon boats (built over the past two years by the reenactors themselves), while the modern version of the Army constructed a most impressive modern footbridge bridge to facilitate the crossing of the hundreds of Federals who were camped at Ferry Farm.
    You will find dozens and dozens of views from the assault against Marye’s Heights --incredibly powerful moments-- and some images from the Sunday morning memorial ceremonies at the City Dock.
    All these photographs can be found here: www.zphotos.smugmug.com, then click on the gallery called 12Fredericksburg.
    Your comments are encouraged and welcomed.
    Thank you.
    Julio
    #
    Julio C. Zangroniz, Independent Photojournalist
    www.zphotos.smugmug.com
    Jzangroniz@comcast.net

Thanks Julio! A great collection of photos, as usual. Have a good winter.
    Simon Taylor
    Comp E, 28th NY
    Rochester, NY

Thanks Simon.
    A Merry Christmas to you (or *whatever* you choose to celebrate).
    Wasn't it a Grand Time in Fredericksburg this past weekend? I think it was one of the most unforgettable events of my entire reenacting photographic career!
    You guys are, most definitely, the stars of the show, no doubt about it. All I need to do is to stay alert, point and shoot, and I know you guys will make me look good.
    I thank you and every reenactor for your cooperation.
    Keep up the GREAT work!
    Julio
    Julio C. Zangroniz, Independent Photojournalist
    www.zphotos.smugmug.com
    Jzangroniz@comcast.net

great photos!! thanks for sharing!