Thread: Bill Keitz

Default Bill Keitz

Just saw on FB he lost his war with cancer, he gave it a good fight. The hobby is better off for the work he put into it, he had more influence than he knew.
    Boyd Miles

I dream of a world where a chicken can cross a road without having its motives called into question.

R.I.P. He will be missed!!!!

Boyd Miles

I dream of a world where a chicken can cross a road without having its motives called into question.

Many on here do not remember a time in reenacting without internet forums, emails, and instant information sharing. In the "way back days" of phone trees and handtyped unit newsletters, Bill started the "Camp Chase Gazette" the same way - hand typed and mimeographed and sent out to a handful of people. That eventually over a longer time grew into the glossy professionally published magazine many know of today. At a time when you had to know someone to find out about events or you spent hours in libraries researching, Bill began to bring all of that to the masses. He was certainly one of the pioneers in this hobby....
    Ross Lamoreaux
    Moderator and Sewer of Historical Clothing and Tall Tales

"But our opportunity to learn and grow, to communicate the richness of the lives that have gone before us, that does not change. We do not outgrow it. It does not tatter and fall apart in our hands..." -Mrs. Terre Lawson, 2010

Hallo!

Thanks Herr Ross for posting that.

I was just logging in to post the same as I fear so many now do not know- of the days of original search engines in the form of books, traveling to museums and collections, xeroxed unit newsletters, and explaining to one's wife why the telephone bill was so high with long distance charges.

Shoot, knowing what a mimeograph is can be so dating....

A parting glass to Bill! I will miss him.

Curt
    In gleichem Schritt und Tritt, Curt Schmidt

Not a real Civil War reenactor, I only portray one on boards and fora.
    I do not portray a Civil War soldier, I merely interpret one.

Gets harder each time, doesn't it boys?
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

http://www.charlesyoungfuneralhome.c...12&fh_id=11356

William Paul Keitz, age 69 of Ross, Ohio formerly of Lancaster, Ohio passed away Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 at his residence after a severe battle with cancer. He was born on April 23, 1943 in Bellaire, Ohio the son of Sarah (Mentz) and Nicholas Keitz. He attended St. John Catholic School and Church in Bellaire, Ohio and graduated from Millersport High School. In 1961, he enlisted in the US Navy and was an E-5 serving on the Aircraft Carrier USS Saratoga. On June 4, 1967 he married Nancy Ann Highley at the Calvary Lutheran Church in Lancaster. Together they raised two daughters, April Dawn and Kandace Korrine. Nancy preceded him in death in 1982 after a losing her fight with breast cancer. William worked as a designer for Anchor Hocing Glass Corp., Lancaster Glass Corp., Mirror Nuclear Design System, RCA Glass & Industrialized Powder Metal Systems. He served as Union Secretary for NALC Branch 340 until he retired from the U.S. Post Office in Lancaster in 2004. Having a love for Civil War History, William founded and established the Civil War Reenactors Magazine in 1972, entitled The Camp Chase Gazette which is still in print to this day. He was a member of American Legion Post #11 in Lancaster. He also loved to work in his garden and was a very accomplished artist. William was baptized in July 2007 and became a member of the Ross Christian Church. On December 22, 2007, he married Joy Frances (Cearley) Keitz. He is survived by his best friend and beloved wife, Joy Keitz; daughters April Dawn (Eric) Hawkenson and Kandace Korrine (Nicholas) Klein all of Washington D.C.; his grandchildren, Colin William Hawkenson, Brien Andrew Hawkenson, Emily Ann Klein, and Nicholas Richard Klein; his stepchildren, Jennifer (Mike) Campbell and Scott Whaley; step granddaughters, Jillian Campbell and Cassie Campbell; his very precious best sister, Mary Louise Long of Cambridge, Ohio; and many in-laws, nephews, nieces, cousins and loving friends. He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Nancy, one brother, Louis August Keitz and one sister, Elizabeth Ann Robson. Visitation will be held at Charles C. Young Funeral Home, 4032 Hamilton Cleves Road, Ross, OH on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 from 5 – 8 p.m. There will also be visiting hours at Halteman-Fett and Dyer Funeral Home, 436 North Broad Street, Lancaster, Ohio on Thursday, December 27, 2012 from 11 a.m. until the time of the funeral service at 12 noon. Burial will take place in Maple Grove Cemetery with a military service. In lieu of flowers, William suggested donations to one of his two favorite charities: Smile Train or The Wounded Warrior program. www.charlesyoungfuneralhome.com
    Boyd Miles

Yes it does Mrs. Lawson
    Rooney