Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo of MMM Cornfield

Hybrid View

Default Photo of MMM Cornfield

Someone posted a comment about a shot that I took Sunday morning. He liked the shot but thought a cell phone in the back ground distracted the view. Here are both shots.

and the original

Many thanks for Adobe and Photoshop.
    Bill Cross
    Treasurer, The Rowdy Pards

'In the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of tomfoolery can explain away anything that makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong."

He was taking a picture! Can't blame him for that! There must have been at least one period incorrect camera there too....like the one that took that photo. My immersion is crushed! HaHa.

Harry
    Member 5th Texas Co. A/1st NC Artillery. Disabled Viet Nam veteran, 1970. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY

Paul that is me laying closest to the camera. Can I get a copy of this photo?
    Without Johns Cell phone in it of course.
    Roy N. Maddox

Roy,
    You can either download a digital copy or have the photo hosting site have prints made. What I recommend for single shots is to download the image and go to a local print shop in your area. The shipping can cost more than the image. If you want 5+ of 8x12 prints then it becomes more cost effective to order the prints on line.

Here is a link
    The Cornfield Gallery

Paul,
    Thank you
    Roy N. Maddox

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman View Post
    He was taking a picture! Can't blame him for that! There must have been at least one period incorrect camera there too.
    Actually, Harry, I have worked on events where whipping out a pocket camera would get you instantly expelled from the event. If you've driven all the way to VA from someplace far away, that would really suck.

But it meant we had no magic moments ruined by flashes from asses.
    Bill Cross

'In the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of tomfoolery can explain away anything that makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Cross View Post
    Actually, Harry, I have worked on events where whipping out a pocket camera would get you instantly expelled from the event. If you've driven all the way to VA from someplace far away, that would really suck.

But it meant we had no magic moments ruined by flashes from asses.
    Well, someone flashing their a$$ would certainly spoil my moment. (Too easy a target to pass up)
    Darrell Cochran
    Third U.S. Regular Infantry
    http://www.buffsticks.us

Flash opinion...
    Counterbalanced by the feelings of the many reenactors who have only *one* image of their participation at a particular event, *preserved* by an enterprising though ill-paid professional photographer, who took the time and trouble to be there, in period clothing, to preserve the moment for them after they themselves went to a lot of trouble, and expense, and difficulty, to attend and had NO ONE ELSE to depend on --but that professional photographer who was there to document it for them.
    Whether he used an electronic flash or not.
    As dozens of other "haversack poppers" snapped away and procured a myriad substandard images.
    Just one man's opinion.
    Julio
    Julio C. Zangroniz, Independent Photojournalist
    www.zphotos.smugmug.com
    Jzangroniz@comcast.net

It's all about what you want from an event. "WOTJ" was one of those "no cameras OR ELSE" events. Chris Anders likes having photos taken at his current crop of outings, and I'm OK with that if that's what's expected up-front.

Julio, I welcome the efforts you make to record these events, and wish you could fish out those "War of the James" photos someday.
    Bill Cross