Thread: Officer's Uniform - English Army Cloth - Blunt Jacket & Daley Trousers

Default Officer's Uniform - English Army Cloth - Blunt Jacket & Daley Trousers

This was my “dress” uniform and only worn to demonstrations, living histories, school educational days, etc., all told less about a half dozen times in the four years since I owned it. There are no condition issues. For sizing purposes I am 5’-10” and 182 lbs.

The jacket is a Richmond Depot III. It is completely hand sewn, made by Joe Blunt, out of Charlie Childs / County Cloth Blue – Gray English Army Cloth kersey and lined in osanburg. Photo details show the detail topstitching and hand stitch button holes. There are two internal chest pockets. Nine medium Federal Eagle “I” buttons for closure. Two rows of gold sleeve braid hand sewn on as are the Captain’s bars on the collar. The size is a 44. I typically wear a 46 jacket and have no issues wearing this without a vest.

The trowsers are Confederate pattern from an example in the Museum of the Confederacy and made by CJ Daley. The material is a match to the jacket also made from Charlie Childs / County Cloth Blue – Gray English Army Kersey. Buttons are bone from Charlie Childs also with exception of the fly which are original bone. Mule ear pockets. High rise in the back. I believe the waist lining is of material from Family Heirloom Weavers. All of the long seams are machine sewn with the balance being hand stitched. Waist is a 36” and inseam is 32” with 1-1/2” hem.

This is a perfect uniform for the upcoming 2012 re-enacting season and Gettysburg. I have had a new “dress” uniform made and have been downsizing my uniforming. I have not worn this uniform in nearly two years.

I am asking $375 plus shipping and Pay Pal fees.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Default Trouser Photos

Additional photos for the trousers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

I sold this uniform on eBay and moderators may now close this thread.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D