Thread: US Navy Units

0321 Guest

Default US Navy Units

Any US Navy groups looking for a fully uniformed and kitted recruit in PA, MD area?

Default navy units

You might contact the USNLP at www.usnlp.org. I believe they have a couple ppl in that area. There's also a group out of the Tidewater area that does civil war navy and a crew from the USS Constellation in Balitimore I think.

Geo. Dailey
    USNLP (western waters)
    Battery D 1st Michigan light artillery

If you are interested in truly naval events, check out the Ship's Company. They are a group based in the mid-Atlantic and do most of their events on board the USS Constellation in Baltimore. They also attend other events for Civil War that had Navy participants in the actual events. Here is their website.

http://www.shipscompany.org/

In addition to Civil War, many of the members also do War of 1812 but you are welcome to contact them even if your only interest is Civil War.

Chris

rihannafox Guest

Ship's Company has provided all the needed information. The events organized there are really nice ones and entertaining.
    Last edited by Spinster; 12-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.

The Tidewater Maritime Living History Association

http://tmlha.exis.net/
    - Ernesto Serna

"...I'm struck by the contradiction at the core of Civil War reenacting. On the surface it's a hyper-macho hobby, focused on guns and battle. But the longer I hang out with hardcores ... the more they remind me of supermodels, chatting endlessly about their jackets and shoes and hair and how many pounds they've lost since the last event." - Tony Horwitz