Thread: Frank June Ruiz...

Default Frank June Ruiz...

Good evening Gentlemen, I have been asked to post that Lt-Colonel Frank June Ruiz of the 14th Brooklyn and Union Volunteers Battalion died tonight as a result of asthma and heart related issues. More details will be posted shortly. Please respect the privacy of Colonel Frank Ruiz and his family at this time.

With much respect,

Captain Simon Taylor
    Chesapeake Volunteer Guard, Company F.
    28th New York, Company E
    Simon Taylor
    Comp E, 28th NY
    Rochester, NY

Frank Jr., not the senior (for those not as familiar with the family but familiar with the name). I'm in shock from this turn of events. He was just 31....
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

My sympathies to the family.
    Bernard Biederman
    30th OVI
    Co. B

I am in total shock. Over the past few years, I've worked closely with both Frank Sr. and Jr. Ruiz at a number of events and consider both personal friends. My heart goes out to Frank Sr. and the family, in this time of grief and loss.

May God give them peace!

Bill Rodman

Prayers and condolences to Frank Sr. and the Family. I was fortunate to meet and 'work' with both Ruiz's at Maryland My Maryland. Frankie will be sorely missed.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Today, while sorting more of my father's things, I came upon a well thumbed book with cards and letters carefully glued inside. It reminds me that the faintest ink in the weakest hand lasts far longer than the most glowing electron on the screen.

We may send condolences and remembrances to the family at the address below. His fiance, Ilana Bravo and young son Jack also live with his parents.

Lynn and Frank Ruiz Sr
    7 Oakmont Avenue
    Selden NY 11784

SERVICES:

Wednesday, November 20th
    Wake
    2-4pm and 7-9:30pm
    Frank J. Grant Funeral Home
    3640 Route 112
    Coram, NY 11727
    631-696-0909

Thursday, November 21st
    Memorial Service at Funeral Home
    11:30am
    Immediately followed by a trip to Washington Memorial Park for a final farewell ceremony.

REENACTORS!!!!!:

With regards to Gettysburg, Remembrance Day Weekend, we will be meeting in the parking lot of The Comfort Inn at 8:30am this Saturday. We are planning to pay tribute to Frankie, during our annual wreath-laying ceremony at the 14th Brooklyn Monument at the Railroad Cut, later that morning. We will then meet near the Middle School, with the rest of the Union Volunteers at 12 noon for the parade march.
    Eric D. Wilson

FARB