Thread: Size 46-48 shirt with embroidered accents

Hybrid View

Default Size 46-48 shirt with embroidered accents

IMG01083-20121112-1856.jpgIMG01084-20121112-1856.jpgIMG01085-20121112-1856.jpgIMG01086-20121112-1857.jpg

Paypal only at Ross4thUSInfy@aol.com. Questions or "I'll take it" via PM or email Ind18th@aol.com (quickest response). Here's what I have today:

For sale is one size 46-48 civilian/sent from home shirt with embroidered accents -$115 shipped. This shirt, as usual, is completely handsewn by me, with fully flat-felled seams, antique piecrust china buttons, tight stitching, and is in a nice medium weight cotton shirting of madder red on tan check. An unusual feature in this shirt is embroidered feather-stitching from logwood dyed linen thread around the front placket and around each of the cuffs. It is a square cut pattern, with fall-down collar and period correct features found on originals to include reinforced vents at the body and cuffs, square gussets under the sleeves, and correct button placement at the back of the cuffs. This is an excellent representation of a "sent from home" shirt and you will get noticed with the subtle embroidery. I don't expect this to last long.

The images above show the full shirt, the embroidery around the placket and cuffs, and a flat-felled, reinforced body vent (the white square is approximately one inch square to give you an idea of the handstitching on the seam

I will add that I would entertain a trade for a good officer/civilian haversack (along the lines of Sekela or Boyd Miles' work).
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

Nice addition, yet again, Ross. Raising the standard.
    Lindsey Brown

Ross,

Sent you an email taking it if nobody else spoke up before me.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

And the shirt is on hold pending payment
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ross L. Lamoreaux View Post
    And the shirt is on hold pending payment
    Check your email - payment was sent.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D