Thread: Confederate Officer's Jackets & Frock

Default Confederate Officer's Jackets & Frock

It is now the end of the season for me, with exception of Hartford City this weekend, and I am giving my war closet a serious thinning so I can fund my Gettysburg 150th uniform. I really do not know I wound up with a total of nine jackets to wear, but have. I actually have out grown some of them since I purchased them, and some I never wore to a reenactment. I feel that the asking pricing is good on these, cheap in some cases, but remember they are "asking prices". A solid PM stating "I will take it does take presidence over asking for a price reduction or more information. Shipping is via Priority Insured Mail with Delivery Confirmation at $15 for each jacket and $18 for the frock.

I have another picture of the frock but it is too large to upload. Email me at jameslemon@hotmail.com for an additional picture of it or PM me with your email address.

I am only accepting Pay Pal for these unless I have done business with you prior.

The jackets are numbered as from my inventory; photos of jacket #3 in this posting and the others follow in more postings.

Jacket #3 - Officer’s short waisted shell jacket. Made by Joe Blunt. Inspired by a jacket worn by Lt. John Holiday of a Mississippi infantry company. Material is English Army Cloth / Blue-Gray kersey. Lined in the body in maroon cloth. Sleeves are lined in a white cotton with maroon stripes. Closed at the neck by a single button, currently a Script I button which I am keeping and will replace with a Federal General Service Eagle button upon sale of the jacket. Four piece back and single piece sleeves. One external slash pocket on the left breast, lined in osnanburg. Body and external piped in a light blue twisted corded material. Light blue collar with ¼” gold cord captain rank with the ends sewn inserted into the collar. Gold 1/8” hand stitched dual sleeve braid. Combination of machine and hand-stitching with a hand-stitched button hole. Size 44 short. $150

Measurements:

From front bottom of collar to bottom hem: 17”
    From back bottom of collar to bottom hem: 18”
    From bottom of collar to shoulder seam: 6”
    From shoulder seam to end of cuff: 26”

Jacket #6 - Officer’s short waisted double breasted shell jacket. Made by Nate Petersburg. Made from Family Heirloom Weavers English Army Cloth / Blue-Gray kersey. Four piece back and two piece sleeves. The body lining is of a golden / yellow colored cloth. Two inner chest pockets. Fourteen large size Federal General Service buttons. Two small Federal General Service functional cuff buttons on each sleeve. Combination of machine and hand sewing. Button holes are all corded and hand stitched. Size 44 short. $150

Measurements:

From front bottom of collar to bottom hem: 17-1/2”
    From back bottom of collar to bottom hem: 20”
    From bottom of collar to shoulder seam: 7”
    From shoulder seam to end of cuff: 26-1/2”

Jacket #4 – Officer’s shell jacket used but not abused. Made by Joe Blunt. Material is Cadet Gray Broadcloth. The entire body lining is lightly machine quilted in a white / dark blue / light blue heavy cloth. Sleeves are lined in white cotton. Seven medium size Louisiana Pelican cast brass three piece style reproduction buttons (at a cost of $18 each!) backmarked “Hyde & Goodrich N.O.” Two internal breast pockets lined in white / maroon / tan striped cotton. Gold 1/8” braid captain insignia hand sewn onto the collar. Sleeves have inverted “V” pattern French blue piping as does the body and collar. Sleeves have 1/8” dual gold braid captain insignia that follows the blue piping pattern. Combination of machine and hand-stitching with a hand-stitched button holes. Size 44. This jacket fits my size 46 well and is not as short as the other jackets above. There is some soil on the lower back of the inside lining. $175

Jacket #8 – Officers single breasted frock coat used but not abused. Made by Fenny Hanes of the Richmond Depot. Made from Cadet Gray broadcloth. Four piece back and one piece sleeves. Body is fully lined in black polished cotton with a quilted chest. Two inner chest pockets. Seven English Script “I” buttons on the front and four on the rear with functional tail pockets. Three small non-functional English Script “I” buttons on each sleeve. Captain rank of 1/8” gold braid on the color and 1/8” gold braid captain sleeve rank. Bottom hem is left raw. Extensively hand sewn including key-holed button holes. Size 44. $375 It is due for a dry cleaning – nothing serious.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Default Jacket #6 Photos

Jacket #6 photos
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Default Jacket #4 and eight photos

Jacket #4 and eight photos. I have a better photo of the frock as stated.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Jacket #6 and Frock #8 have been sold off forum, thanks. The others are still available and will consider offers.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Jackets #3 & #4 are still available and will kindly accept offers.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D

Everything in this thread has been sold on eBay or elswhere. Moderators may now close this thread.
    Jas. T. Lemon
    Captain, 50th Va. Co. D