Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: In Hooker's Rear, April 5-7, 2013

Does anyone have Mike Lavis' email? I'm trying to find a home for some pards and I in the US ranks for the weekend.

Thanks,
    Peter Sivak

Co. F, 15th Iowa

Maybe I'm blind, but is there a street address for the site Chris? I haven't been able to find one anywhere.
    Matt Lovejoy

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Gallagher View Post
    If anyone is looking for a Federal Company to join up with for this one, please consider my 'independent' company. This company is not currently attached to a battalion and will be tasked with skirmish, guard, etc. for the weekend. I can be contacted through my inbox here.

Regards,
    Thad

Thad, your inbox is full. Tried messaging you today about the company

Here are few updates Chris asked me to post:
    1)The address for the event is:
    2062 Germanna Highway
    Locust Grove VA (he didn't give me a zip code)

2)Registration ends on March 1 (next Friday, about 10 days away). Get 'em in.

He's at the site today so expect updates to the website shortly.
    Matt Lovejoy

Chris, I sent my registration and check in about two and a half weeks ago but havent heard anything back, nor is my bank showing the check cashed. Just wanted to make sure im registered.

Thanks
    Sean
    Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War

Hi Everyone:

I'm still getting used to how these threads are set up and noticed there are some questions concerning the Federal Side of things.

We are currently organized into wo battalions, Andy Roscoe and Tim Bills are commanding. Also Mike Schaffner is commanding an independent company aka The Astor Rifles.
    Also Tom Craig has the cavalry, and Mike Martorelli the Artillery. Several of my ususal staff will be helping out as well. There is still room for anyone who wants to get in on this.

A couple notes: It is early April, so the weather can be , well, anything. In talking it over with the officers, and since we will be in a static camp, we will be allowing "A" tents in the camp. I'd rather have our guys realtively warm and dry, and stay all weekend, than leaving Sat night because they are soaked and miserable.

The ground is both historical and perfect for what we are doing. Our side will be on the strategic defensive, but will be very active and moving all the time. Lots of patrols, skirmishing, and company-sized manuevers. Our goal is to keep Chris as far away from me as we possibly can. His is to get over, under, around, or through our lines and into our position. Our cav company is going to get plenty of proper use, and they are ready for it. Cooperation between the various branches of service is going to be critical here. This is going to be a heck of alot of fun.

One other thing:
    Due to all the 150th events taking place this year, IHR is the only time this year that Chris and I will be commanding an event together. This, in effect, is our follow-up to MMM, and we are working to make it a proper one. So you have an idea of what the quality of this event is going to be.

If you want to send me a PM, now that I know where to look for them, I'll get right back to you.
    Mike Lavis
    49th NYVI
    Army of the Ohio

All,

After the site visit, all Ican say is WOW....great ground, great hosts, and you lads better get in shape!

Lots of ground to cover, lots of work to accomplish.

After registration closes each participant will get detailed emails on inprocessing, unit assignments and expectations.

Our Controllers are working very hard to make this as realistic an event as possible....

Warning to unit commanders, if you make mistakes, they is pay back!

Roll your rounds- 80 should do it- start walking and prep your gear now...

This will be one for the books!

Pards,
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    http://www.civilwarhenrico.com/

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Thanks Chris, Looking forward to the event.
    Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War