Thread: Message from NJ Sekela

Default Message from NJ Sekela

Nick asked me to post this message from him with the impending Hurricane shenanigans in his neck of the woods:

"Friends:

With the weather forecaster's predictions of armegeddon, it is even money whether we will in point of fact be out of contact (because of power outage) or if the storm will simply blow over. At the current time, it is lightly drizzling.

The preditions range from 30 mph winds to over 90 mph, which sounds more like a SWAG than science. If in point of fact, we are without power, Rober Collett has volunteered to convey answers to postings and e-mails on my behalf.” -N.J. Sekela
    www.njsekela.com
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

Good luck Nick.Let us know how you are after it's done.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn 'The Quiet Man'

Default Nick

Folks,

I have spoken to Nick and he is OK but he (like many in the NY / NJ area) is out of power so does not have access to the web. I am sure he will be back on line just as soon as possible.
    Robert Collett
    8th FL / 13th IN
    Armory Guards
    WIG
    Common Ground forum http://www.thecommonground.proboards.com

Glad he is alright. I know some folks who lost their homes, so at least he is fine. Keep us posted

Bill Fean

Here's an update from Nick:

Well, the electricity has returned, and I am very glad to be able to get back to work. It is a shock to find out how much you really depend on electricity. Since there was no electrical power, the post office was closed, let alone gas stations, banks etc.

I am wading through e-mails right now, and should have all answered by tomorrow morning.

Sincerely,

NJ Sekela

Post Office Box 28

Butler NJ 07405
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012