Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BGA or GAC

Would love to do both, but the unit is committed to GAC, and I don't have the cash or vacation days to do both.

I did just learn that BGA still dosn't have permits as of yet, and the last application for permits was rejected due to logistical issues. Anyone heard about this???

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Dave View Post
    The Cumberland Guard, the Black Hats and the Military Department of Mississippi are attending GAC.
    "Don't believe half of what you hear and a fourth of what you read"-my dad
    I'm exercising my ribs in preparation Mayor.......Lucky.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Default Bga

The USV voted to attend the BGA event.
    That's about 1/3 of the Federals here in the east. Another 1/3 has committed to do the same. But they will speak for themselves.
    I will not go to a GAC event.

Scot Buffington
    3rd USV

Quote Originally Posted by 23rdYahoos View Post
    Would love to do both, but the unit is committed to GAC, and I don't have the cash or vacation days to do both.

I did just learn that BGA still dosn't have permits as of yet, and the last application for permits was rejected due to logistical issues. Anyone heard about this???
    The permits have not been 'rejected'. The BGA received a punch list of items to be corrected or documented more fully.

Here's an example of the detail: I'm 'Civilian Governor' for the BGA. As such, I've got an assigned area of the site for separate civilian-only camping (mixed military civilian camps are elsewhere, as well as soldiers only camping)

That assigned area is lovely-a combination of rolling field and open woods for shade. Down at the lower end of that parcel is a wet weather creek. Now, I had no intention of camping anybody right on that drainage creek, I've got plenty of room upland, common sense, and a drawer full of Girl Scout badges that indicate I learned something about field craft around 50 years ago.

But that creek is in the boundary of my camping parcel. I'm not using it, but we have to say that, and indicate it as off limits on the map.

Simple stuff really. Dot the i's and cross the t's. Mark Way and KC Meadows are doing an excellent job of doing just that.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Silas View Post
    Neither. Gettysburg isn't necessarily an either/or type of event.
    That is my particular opinion as well.
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

I'll be going to both... Probably camping with my company somewhere (Pa. monument perhaps) on the days between the events, which happen to be the actual dates of the anniversary.
    Simon Taylor
    Comp F, CVG (Rowdy Boys)
    Comp E, 28th NY
    Rochester, NY

Great!!! Lucky, have you considered duct tape to stay on those critters? This is meant with the kindest intent.
    BTW, I failed to mention the 2nd Wisconsin Association will be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    The permits have not been 'rejected'. The BGA received a punch list of items to be corrected or documented more fully.

Here's an example of the detail: I'm 'Civilian Governor' for the BGA. As such, I've got an assigned area of the site for separate civilian-only camping (mixed military civilian camps are elsewhere, as well as soldiers only camping)

That assigned area is lovely-a combination of rolling field and open woods for shade. Down at the lower end of that parcel is a wet weather creek. Now, I had no intention of camping anybody right on that drainage creek, I've got plenty of room upland, common sense, and a drawer full of Girl Scout badges that indicate I learned something about field craft around 50 years ago.

But that creek is in the boundary of my camping parcel. I'm not using it, but we have to say that, and indicate it as off limits on the map.

Simple stuff really. Dot the i's and cross the t's. Mark Way and KC Meadows are doing an excellent job of doing just that.
    Awesome. Thanks for the update and clarification. That was being used to argue against a commitment by a few I know. Looking forward to hearing more positive news.

Rancho San Rafael, Republic of the Pacific

If I where to go it would be to BGA. What they offer is better.
    Andrew Grim
    Monte Mounted Rifles, Monte Boys
    Mess of Myself
    Occasional 7%er

"Los Angeles at the close of the Rebellion was the most vindictive, uncompromising community in the United States" Horace Bell

Going with "Murray's Brigade" at BGA
    Joe Beedle

1st and 2nd Minnesota