Thread: Hello I need help because of the Battle of Gettysburg 2013

Hybrid View

Default Hello I need help because of the Battle of Gettysburg 2013

Hello my name is Oli, I'm in a reenactment group in Germany, which is the U.S. Civil War on the side of the South. We belong to the 1 st CS Batilion of Europ. Our players are against the federal batilion of Germany
    Next year is indeed the end of June, early July, the Battle of Gettysburg. Some of the Union side fly to America to make it to the battle with. I would like to come to Gettysburg and it will participate, but unfortunately no contact with one CS unit that would accept me and I with this unit to do battle with the can.
    Maybe someone here can help me, would be very happy.

Greetings Oli

Oli, the 5th Ky, Co. B Nelson Greys out of Louisville Ky hosted thier friends from England at Perryville Ky this year. You might want to contact them. Good friendly bunch. They are on Yahoo. groups.yahoo.com/group/NelsonGrays. They are also on Facebook. It is a closed group, but you can message them.

Shawn

Oli,
    How many are there in your group? I'm sure we can make room for you (if you have a company) or can get you placed into companies within our battalion. We (Medich Battalion) will be participating at the Blue-Gray Alliance event at the end of June (here's the website for the event - http://www.bluegraygettysburg.com/). Feel free to drop me an email (rebel7458@hotmail.com) and we can dicuss further!
    Regards,
    Greg Van Wey
    Greg Van Wey
    5th Texas Co. A
    Medich Battalion

Quote Originally Posted by rebel7458 View Post
    Oli,
    How many are there in your group? I'm sure we can make room for you (if you have a company) or can get you placed into companies within our battalion. We (Medich Battalion) will be participating at the Blue-Gray Alliance event at the end of June (here's the website for the event - http://www.bluegraygettysburg.com/). Feel free to drop me an email (rebel7458@hotmail.com) and we can dicuss further!
    Regards,
    Greg Van Wey
    I can vouch for Greg and his boys in the 5th TX. Outstanding folks.

but who's vouching for you?

just a little friendly banter sir, no harm intended.

Greg,
    You beat me too it! Oli, any of the companies from Medich's Bn are stand up, especially the 5th TX. Best to you and your comrades von Duetschland.

Clay Goser
    11th Mississippi Vol Infantry
    Commanding

5th TX is a great group--I fell in with them at Hale Farm earlier this year. But if you are going to the GAC Gettysburg instead (a week after the BGA Gettysburg), I can get you in contact with Capt Sharp of the 1st Tennessee Co B. The link for the GAC Gettysburg is here: http://www.gettysburgreenactment.com/
    Last edited by Cadet; 10-26-2012 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added link to GAC Gettysburg