Thread: Defarbed Enfield Musket, NIB, Blued

Hybrid View

Default Defarbed Enfield Musket, NIB, Blued

I have for sale a new in box defarbed reproduction Enfield musket It has been completely defarbed and has been reblued. I started with an Armi-Sport because they are a more accurate reproduction than the Euro-Arms. It has an oil finish on the stock. We completely disassemble the guns and removed all the visible Italian markings and the exposed serial numbers from the barrel. I stamped the barrel with the 1860's proof marks (Provisional, gauge mark, view mark & definitive proof).
    The lockplate is engraved with "1862 TOWER", and it has a double line around the edge and the lock & hammer are case colored.
    I stamped the side of the stock with the "BIRMINGHAM SMALL ARMS TRADE" stock cartouche
    and the bottom with COOPER & GOODMAN. I also removed the round eared screw escutcheons and replace them with square eared ones, flatten out the heads on the lock screws and replace all the round headed wood screws with flat headed ones. I stamp the ramrod about 4 inches from the tulip end with "T&CG" (Thomas and Charles Gilbert), the makers of the ramrod.
    The swivels that come with the gun are not accurate, so I replaced them with the correct ones.
    The top, or muzzle end one should be centered, not offset, and the lower or breech end one should be more of a triangular shape, rather than oval.
    The musket is $950 + $38 Shipping to anywhere in the 48. Terry 716 693-3237 or t.schultz5@roadrunner.com

I have available defarbed Enfield bayonets scabbards & frogs. I defarb the bayonet by removing
    the INDIA from the bayonet and replace it with a crown and V stamped on the flat of the blade. If it is purchased with the musket I will make sure it fits on the barrel properly. The frog is used for attaching the bayonet scabbard to your belt and it is an exact replica of the type used in the Civil War, it is the British military style rough-out black leather with a brass buckle. You can go to my web site to get more details. http://www.coquartermaster.com/
    Terry
    9th NY Cavalry, www.9thnycavalry.webeditor.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"

Still available
    Terry
    9th NY Cavalry, www.9thnycavalry.webeditor.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a handsome, and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...."WOW!... What a ride!"