Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Tart

Default Ben Tart

Hey all

Not sure if this is in the right thread.. But has anyone been able to get in touch with Ben Tart? Placed an order sometime ago and haven't been able to reach him.

Regards

Peter Griebel

Stay patient. He's long been difficult to reach. I've had more success from email than calling, but it depends on how much time he's taking in the dyepot or loom
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012

Spring is a good time to get the dye pots fired up
    Phil Guenther
    progressively authentic
    Hard Workin Pards
    the Columbia Rifles
    The Living History Guild

Thanks guys.. Yea i tried both email and phone. Hope things are well with him. Guess i'll keep trying

Peter Griebel

He is a very buisy man, but he will get back with you.
    Cameron Lyman
    Eighth generation Texan

Independent Rifles
    Trans-Mississippi Hellcats

I also have an order placed with Ben Tart, and after reading this thread sent him an email for an order update last night. I placed the order three weeks ago for an in-stock jacket blank to be finished. On receiving my order he emailed it would go out in 2 weeks. It's been 3 weeks. Today he replied to last night's email inquiry -today's Wednesday - that my order should be out his door by next Monday. He replied within 18 hours and if it takes 4 weeks instead of 2 when a whole lot of us are getting new items for the summer 150's, I'm OK with that. I'm glad his business is keeping him hopping, and I'm patting myself on the back for actually ordering the jacket in timely fashion for a change.

Phil McBride
    The Alamo Rifles

I have had email correspondence with him this week and each time he replied within 24 hours. I would try ben.tart@yahoo.com
    Mark A Taylor

Recently, I placed an order for brown jean cloth to use as canteen covers. It came in about a week along with
    some extra scraps (of different colors) to use for more covers. Like most craftsmen in the hobby, his products are
    worth the wait. I can't imagine using any other vegetable dyed cloth.
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

I try to do most of my ordering toward the end of summer or after the Christmas rush.

I know Ben is doing a large order of Amzi Williamson jackets that he has to have done before Gettysburg. He was at Latta Plantation weekend before last and I'm pretty sure he said he was going to be at Chancellorsville. I know he is going to both Gettysburgs. Anyway, the point is that he is very busy, but just be patient. You're in good hands.
    Carlton M. Mansfield
    26th North Carolina Troops