Thread: Authentic Enfield cartridges

Threaded View

Default Authentic Enfield cartridges

The "winter doldrums" of the reenacting season seems to have come early this year... and I am up to my ears in authentic short pattern Enfield cartridges.

These short-pattern Enfield cartridges are absolutely perfect for an 1863 Confederate impression at 150th events and are based on an original cartridge from Augusta Arsenal. Because they are the Confederate-made shorter variety of Enfield cartridge they will fit in the U.S. style cartridge box, unlike the longer English-made imported cartridges, which were too long for U.S. boxes.

They contain no powder and the Pritchett-style bullet the originals had is safely simulated with tissue paper.

I will include a sheet of Augusta Arsenal 1863-dated arsenal pack labels with each order (they are run off my inkjet printer and look pretty darn close to the original stamped label).

$35 for a box of 120 cartridges, with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, while they last (special price for CW Reenactor's forum, this is about $6 less than what they're going for on my website). Paypal preferred at pgbearcat@msn.com or PM or email me to make check or MO arrangements. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brett Gibbons
    3rd Regt. C.S. Engineers, Co. E
    www.cartridgetubes.com