Thread: Authentic Enfield cartridges

Threaded View

California People's Republic

Default Authentic Enfield cartridges

The "winter doldrums" of the reenacting season seems to have come early this year... and I am up to my ears in authentic short pattern Enfield cartridges.

These short-pattern Enfield cartridges are absolutely perfect for an 1863 Confederate impression at 150th events and are based on an original cartridge from Augusta Arsenal. Because they are the Confederate-made shorter variety of Enfield cartridge they will fit in the U.S. style cartridge box, unlike the longer English-made imported cartridges, which were too long for U.S. boxes.

They contain no powder and the Pritchett-style bullet the originals had is safely simulated with tissue paper.

I will include a sheet of Augusta Arsenal 1863-dated arsenal pack labels with each order (they are run off my inkjet printer and look pretty darn close to the original stamped label).

$35 for a box of 120 cartridges, with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, while they last (special price for CW Reenactor's forum, this is about $6 less than what they're going for on my website). Paypal preferred at or PM or email me to make check or MO arrangements. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brett Gibbons
    3rd Regt. C.S. Engineers, Co. E