Thread: Authentic Enfield cartridges

Hybrid View

Default Authentic Enfield cartridges

The "winter doldrums" of the reenacting season seems to have come early this year... and I am up to my ears in authentic short pattern Enfield cartridges.

These short-pattern Enfield cartridges are absolutely perfect for an 1863 Confederate impression at 150th events and are based on an original cartridge from Augusta Arsenal. Because they are the Confederate-made shorter variety of Enfield cartridge they will fit in the U.S. style cartridge box, unlike the longer English-made imported cartridges, which were too long for U.S. boxes.

They contain no powder and the Pritchett-style bullet the originals had is safely simulated with tissue paper.

I will include a sheet of Augusta Arsenal 1863-dated arsenal pack labels with each order (they are run off my inkjet printer and look pretty darn close to the original stamped label).

$35 for a box of 120 cartridges, with USPS Priority Mail shipping included, while they last (special price for CW Reenactor's forum, this is about $6 less than what they're going for on my website). Paypal preferred at pgbearcat@msn.com or PM or email me to make check or MO arrangements. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brett Gibbons
    3rd Regt. C.S. Engineers, Co. E
    www.hartsengineers.com

I have purchased these before from Brett. You will NOT be disappointed. They are the best I've seen.
    Best Regards,

Jim Mitchum

Hamptons Legion, Co. G, Claremont Rifles
    Winstontown

"Suppose you were an idiot. And Suppose you were a member of Congress ... but then I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

I can also vouch for the quality of Brett and Will's cartridges. These are some of the best museum quality blank cartidges I have ever seen. I just used my last bunch at Perryville. I was sad to see them go. You can't in my opinion find more authentic tubes out there made by anyone. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the kind words.

I've still got somewhere in the ballpark of 500 Enfield rounds left. Still $35 for 120 with shipping included.

And while they last, I've got a few hundred 58-cal Minie "living history" rounds, with tissue paper bullet just like the Enfields, for the same price, $35 for 120 shipping included. Reckon if I am selling the CS Enfields for less, I'd better deal our Yankee friends in as well.

The 58-cal rounds are the 1860 Ordnance Manual pattern and are good for Yankee impressions and early to mid-war C.S. impressions, but the later in the war you got, the more common the Enfield varieties became.
    Brett Gibbons
    www.hartsengineers.com

PM SENT

Thanks

Edward Cupp

"We no longer have senators and congressmen who represent our interests. The great project of America has been hijacked by big corporations and the super rich."

Brett: Also sent PM and money via PP.
    Jim Mayo
    Member of the old vets mess.

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/j_mayo/index.html

This thread is five months old.

I have no Enfield cartridges on hand. I am refunding the paypal orders received, since I do not anticipate having the time to make more cartridges (I am deploying later this year, and in my remaining spare time I am enjoying a new hobby of collecting and repairing period watches, instead of making cartridges).

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Moderators, please lock! Thanks.
    Brett Gibbons
    www.hartsengineers.com